That's Definitely Friendly

Jude's POV

"I heard the food in America's meant to be really good." Noah says taking a sip of his drink.

"Yeah I bet he can't wait." Toby laughs putting me in a head lock.

We start pre-season training in two weeks.

It's been nice getting to have some downtime for a while. Especially because of how crazy I know its about to get. It's going to be great getting on that pitch again.

Déja's not going to be there though.

You know it's funny. We're at this café where I got her number a while ago. She was talking with her friend and got so flustered when she saw me.

I miss her. We haven't gotten to see each other in person since our date.

Our date.

"I'm going to miss the holiday though. Getting up for training everyday is no joke." I laugh slightly getting back into the conversation.

The bell chimes and I look up from my food to see Déja coming in.

I think she's coming from the gym. She looks exhausted in a grey zip-up hoodie and some black yoga pants and her hair is swept up in a claw clip.

She searches in her bag and puts on her glasses so she can read the menu.

I didn't even know she wore them. She looks adorable.

"Where are you going?" Jobe calls out as I make my way towards her.

I get to the counter and place myself right beside her.

"Funny seeing you here again."

She looks at me a bit startled and relaxes when she sees who I am.

"Hi Jude." She smiles weakly.

"You look so exhausted." I laugh slightly as she rolls her eyes.

"You don't strike me as the gym type."

"First of all, rude. Secondly I've just been through to a three hour seven am pilates class because my friends are masochists.

I think I deserve to be a little tired." She says with a scowl and all I can do is laugh.

The cashier brings over her food in a takeaway bag and I swipe my card over their machine as she reaches for her purse.

"You didn't have do that you know."  She smiles at me putting her purse back.

"I wanted to. It's the least I could do after all you've been through." We both laugh.

"It's true. I have been a victim." She wipes a fake tear taking her food.

This girl.

"Oh by the way." She turns to excitedly.
"Your birthday's in three days."

I laugh. "I know. I don't think I'm going to celebrate.  It's a busy time."

"Nooo. Oh my goodness you have to. You're turning twenty. You're making a big move. You can celebrate it all at once." She whines.

"You suddenly have a bunch of energy." I laugh at her hyper activeness.

"It's a big deal. You have to. You're only twenty once."

"If I do, will you be there?" I smirk a little.

I had been trying to figure out ways to spend more time with her before I have to leave anyway.

What's one party?

"Um well I don't-." She starts to stutter like she usually does when someone catches her off-guard.

"I insist." I say firmly.

"I wouldn't know anyone there."

"You know me." I say soflty.

"Oh and Toby." I add remembering the time they met a few weeks back.

"Please it would mean a lot to me." I try to plead with her.

She thinks for a moment.

"If it means you're celebrating your birthday then I will." She finally says in resignation.

"I'll text you the details." I say proudly.

"Great. Bye Jude." She smiles as I wave to her getting back to my seat.

"You damn near levitated out of your seat for a girl." Jobe says in disbelief .

"Isn't that Déja?" Toby looks at me with a sly smile.

"Maybe."

"Who's that?" Noah says confused.

"A friend of mine."

She's taking a call as she orders more food, presumably for her friends. She struggles to hold the bags as she heads out to the uber waiting outside.

I get up again to help her.

"May I ?" I ask gently removing all the bags from her grip and walk her out to the car.

"Thank you." She says shyly placing the bags neatly beside her at the back of the car.

"It's no problem." I help her shut the car door and wave as the driver takes off.

I return to my seat once again to see everyone staring at me.

"Oh yeah that's definitely friendly." Jobe eyes me suspiciously.

"Piss off." I laugh off suddenly feeling very exposed.

"Are you blushing? Who is that girl?" Noah says in disbelief turning back to look at the door.

All Toby could do is laugh.

I try to compose myself. "Moving on.
I'm throwing myself a birthday party."

"Seriously?" Jobe asks.

"Yeah."

"What happened to not wanting to celebrate. " Noah chimes in.

"Plans change." I shrug.

"Are we welcoming any special guests?" Toby smiles at me wiggling his eyebrows.

"Leave me alone." I huff melting into my chair as Tobi breaks into laughter.