1

M'gann shifted uncomfortably as the chains on her cuffs rattled.

They had been in the transportation truck for a while now and the lack of mobility was starting to get to her. So far there wasn't much to report on yet. The only noises came from outside, where there was a helicopter and two cop cars escorting them to their destination. It did, however, bring her comfort that she could feel Bioship close by. For now she would just close her eyes a little and try to relax before the real part of the mission starts. Maybe some relaxing would help to calm her nerves about going undercover where at least a part of the population she and her team put there.

That was until Icicle Junior decided to speak up.

"Soooo, are the rumors true?" He said as he looked over to the guard. The man didn't react to the comment as he kept his gaze fixed on Mr. Freeze's special holding area. Unlike the guard, Conner did seem interested, maybe just to keep himself entertained for now. "Rumors?" He asked, trying to keep a believable southern accent.

Icicle seemed almost bored to answer as he shrugged. "You know, something about Belle Rêve being haunted." He waved his hand around dismissively as Connor raised an eyebrow in M'gann's direction. "Batman didn't say anything about it being haunted."

"Superboy, try to see if there is any merit to these rumors, they may have a connection to the mission." Aqualad's voice ordered over the mind link. For now it was just him and Red Tornado trailing the convoy. Take it as an extra security measure until it's time for M'gann and Connor to be extracted.

Connor focused back on Icicle, same raised eyebrow now directed to him. "Haunted you say?" Luckily for them it seemed like Icicle was just as desperate for some entertainment as he jumped right up from his slouch. "Yeah!" He almost yelled, "Some say it's a guard that died there like a year or so ago. Whole unfinished business and stuff. Some of the older guys even claim that after that incident, they heavily increased security. Those who have been in isolation even say the guard's dog roams the hallways. Though that is just from those who believe it." He tried to explain with as much movement as his own cuffs and chains allowed him. "How would a guard even die if we 'ave these things on?" Connor asked as he pulled at his collar a bit.

Icicle laughs as he leans forward and flexes his arms. "Man, it's not because we ain't got our superpowers that our muscles turn into noodles. Dude probably picked a fight with the wrong guy." His laughing was soon interrupted by the guard planting the butt of his gun in Icicle's head. "Shut up ice cube," he sneered, "You might be a big shot out there, but in here, we are the boss. Now stay quiet or next time will be harder." He threatened as he went to stand back in his position.

With his pride hurt, Icicle leaned back and crossed his arms as he looked away from the guard. He can't do much about it, not with those collars on, but at least he can still grouch a little.

"Do we investigate this? If a guard had died, I don't think Batman would have sent us in, would he?" M'gann asked concerned over the link. After a bit of silence, Aqualad could be heard. "Negative, the mission proceeds as planned. You already have enough to worry about. Best not get distracted by baseless rumors. They could have very well been made up to scare the new prisoners. Red Tornado agrees with this as Batman would not have taken the risk of sending the two of you in if it was true."

Conner huffed lightly as he fixed his gaze to a corner of the truck. M'gann shifted nervously as she could tell the comment didn't sit right with him, but she couldn't do much about it. She looked around again, hoping to catch a view of the outside world through the little slivers that act as windows. Instead she caught Icicle Jr winking at her and making kissy faces. She looked away in disgust and rather focused on her hands instead as she recounts the mission briefing by Batman.

"Dude." Icicle halfway whispers as he leans over to Connor, snapping both him and M'gann back to reality. "Dude! Your sister is sweet." He glances over to M'gann again as she in turn looks away in disgust, again. Icicle focused his attention back onto Conner as he continued. "How about you put in a good word for me?"

He wasn't given much time to receive an answer as the guard slammed his gun straight into Icicle's nose, resulting in an audible crack. He fell back into his seat as he cried out in pain. The guard however seemed a bit too amused with his reaction. "I told you to shut up, didn't I. Now stay down, we're here." He announced as the convoy finally arrived to the outer gates of the penitentiary.

"Welcome, to Belle Rêve."