15

Danny and Cujo silently phased thought the floor of the cell miss Waller and some others were being held. The place had a slight dusting of ice all over as the senior ice villains were freezing over the wall. Miss Waller had placed herself towards the end of the bunk beds with officer Wilcox slightly ahead of her. He was effectively blocking the view of the prisoners outside on Waller. Dr Strange had decided to sit a bit further back in the cell. This made it easy for Danny and his pup to take a seat on the bed behind her so nobody would notice his presence too much.

Waller felt an unnatural chill go up her spine as she felt the leering presence of the ghost boy behind her. "Took you long enough." She whispered in between blowing on her hands. A wave of otherworldly fear and cold washed over her. As if on instinct, Amanda ever so slightly curled in on herself.

"I'm sorry! I know I shouldn't have left without permission and-" The ghost boy stammered behind her until a chuckle interrupted him.

"Kid if that remote wasn't permission enough then you wouldn't know what permission was even if it punched you in the face."

"Right, sorry." Danny awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as he felt the invisible blush creep up. Of course Miss Waller was the one that told Cujo where the remote was. Of course he had to get out, its all part of the deal.

"Apologize by getting your job done."

Right. Right. He had a job to do. Danny took a quick look over at Wilcox. The man looked relatively okay outside of the cut on his eyebrow and the blossoming bruise around it. The shivers also didn't look all too good but he could fix that if he takes care of those ice villains out there.

"Cujo," Danny whispered, "elkonduku la malfruulojn." On the command, the pup let out a soundless bark and disappeared through the wall. Danny floated a bit forward until he was in reach of both Waller's and Wilcox's shoulder. "Please hang on a little longer. I'll get this fixed, but I can't be everywhere so please keep the act up for a little longer."

Officer Wilcox tensed just a little at the prospect. "Ma'am." He whispered harshly as he sent a quick quizzing glance at the general direction of where he suspected the invisible boy was. "I get he wasn't any trouble as an inmate but do you trust him to fix this mess? No offence kid, but you don't look like you can take on the entire prison on your own."

Danny shrugged before he realized they couldn't see him. "None taken, sir. It's a valid concern. Ma'am, the choice is up to you." He hands over the remote back to Waller as Wilcox can see it appear in the warden's hands.

Waller smirked as she handed the controls back to Danny. Danny fumbled a little as he wasn't exactly prepared to be handed things. "The boy will do as he needs to to protect this place. He is the perfect guard dog after all." Officer Wilcox stared at the Warden, looking for something Danny want quite sure of what it was. Finally he relaxed his shoulders as he looked over to where he guessed Danny to be. "Alright kid. We'll do whatever we can to keep everything level here until you're done with everything."

Danny smiled and gave a soft pat on the shoulder before he invisibly walked out into the halls. He noted that a good portion of the inmates still had their collars on. Even one of the senior ice villains did. That made his job a whole lot easier.

Step 1 was already in motion. Cujo might not be the strongest of ghosts out there but he can hold himself against some no name D list meta villain. That also meant Danny had more time to spend on the heavy hitters roaming the grounds.

Step 2 would be to turn on the collars again. Since miss Waller activated the lockdown sequence, it should automatically turn on all the still secured collars. Except for his of course since the remote was a master override sort of deal. The collars should take care of at least a solid third of the escapees, if not more.

Step 3 would depend on how the remaining escapees react. Either it devolves into more chaos as they start splitting up. Or they all gang up together in an attempt to still make their plan work. No matter though, he hadn't even checked the women's wing yet. A certain redhead would be giving him a whole speech about trying to plan with only half of the variables available. Danny shook his head, trying to get that image out of his head.

So off he went to enact step 2. The ghost boy flew off into the all to familiar direction of the warden's office. He knew the layout of the prison well enough to know what walls he could fly through as a short cut. Carefully he phased though the floor, making sure to have turned off the personalized anti-ghost security in the office. Best not to get zapped while trying to do his job. He sent a silent thank you Waller's way, grateful he had the controls in his own hands to turn them off as he needed.

He froze in the air as he cursed himself for being distracted enough to not have noticed one of the inmates being in the room. Danny wasn't sure what to do as he watched the buff blond type away at the control bord. He heard the inmate let out a tiny victory cry as the controls buzzed to life. Danny floated out of his hiding spot as the inmate started running away.

Subconsciously, he dropped his invisibility as he realized the mystery inmate had just turned the collars back on. Danny floated over to the control bord to check the settings for the woman's wing as well.

They were all back on.

Danny felt utterly confused as to why dear mystery inmate turned them back on but oh well. 'Don't look a gifted horse in the mouth' and all that.

"Um who is that behind you, Tommy?"

Danny cursed at his lack of awareness as he quickly went back into his invisibility, hoping he hadn't already gotten caught. How was he supposed to make it up to miss Waller if he already crewed the job barely 5 minutes in?

He didn't have much time to spiral as he gratefully watched the blond drag his friend away. "There ain't nobody there man. Now let's go break that wall."

Right.

Breaking the wall.

Which Danny was supposed to stop.

He went back to the control bord as he looked for the right buttons. By now the collars should have done their jobs and neutralized all of those who were still wearing them. That means those who are left were either smart enough to take them off or didn't like the restriction of the collar. Either way, he might need a bit of an extra kick to get those big buff guys he saw earlier down without taking too long. He turned up the dial on the voltage just enough so it would take them down faster but so it wouldn't be anywhere near lethal.

All he had to do now was get his hands on some extra collars and he could go on his cleaning mission. He didn't have access to the inmate specific ones, would be too much of a hassle anyway. He did know where Waller kept the basic ones before they were modified. He'll just make a mental note to change everybody's collar to a new once since he couldn't possibly remember who he gave the basic ones to.