4

"Um, sorry to interrupt but would you mind going back to your cells?" A strange voice echoed from where they had made the hole. The 3 teens are shocked out of their own little worlds as they didn't expect there to be an onlooker.

M'gann and Superboy share a glance. Neither of them know this person in front of them, yet they had an unsettling feeling of familiarity neither could place.

It looked to be a young boy, maybe around the age of 11 or 12? He was extremely skinny and looked only slightly better than skin and bones. The baggy prison gear did little to help conceal his frail frame. Strangely enough his suit was a bright blue instead of the usual prison orange. His black undershirt extended from under his collar and covered the bottom part of his face. He also had a rather sickly pale complex, and his shaggy white hair did little to make him look less like a walking corpse. They were slightly off put by the boy's neon green eyes and a strange glowing aura around him. If they didn't know better, they would have guessed it to be from a Green Lantern ring. Luckily that wasn't possible, even in Belle Rêve.

But that wasn't the most concerning part.

This frail boy in front of them was sporting not one, but five inhibitor collars. The standard one on his neck was clearly visible, but they were able to see the faint outlines and green lights of 4 others, each on one of his limbs.

They weren't prepared for this. Nothing in the report had said anything about somebody powerful enough to require 5 collars. Not even Shimmer or Mammoth needed that many. Just how powerful would this kid have to be to need that many. Or worse to know, what this young child had to have done to end up in Belle Rêve of all places.

M'gann's psyche was still a bit too fuzzy from being in the ice that she was struggling to get the mind link back up. Superboy knew that even with his full strength back, going one on one with the kid was a bad idea. They really needed that extra backup they had just for a situation like this. For now they could only hope that either their teammates will show up on time, or that this kid wouldn't try to fight them. They both were stuck in place, scared to make a wrong move. Even with the collars back on, they were sure to not underestimate him.

Their dear friend Icicle Jr., however, did not share the same sentiment. The young ice villain sighed heavily and rubbed his face theatrically. "Look kid," he lazily looked the young boy once over with a disinterested glance. "I'm really not having a good day, so if you think I would go back then you are out of luck. I'm getting out of this joint. Before my dad finds me." He muttered the last part to himself as he started making his way to the gaping hole in the wall.

The glowing boy moved a few steps to be blocking the much taller teen's way. "I'd really prefer if you don't. There is no way you are getting out of here, so again, I do advise you to go back to your cells. Ms. Waller would go a lot less harsh on you if you are back where you belong by the time the cops arrive. Plus I really don't want to fight any of you, so please just go."

Icicle paid no heed to the warning as he trudges forward, purposely bumping into the younger's shoulder. "I don't care what that bitch will do. I'm getting out. A little snowflake like you can't stop me, so leave me-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as he was suddenly flung over the younger's shoulder. Icicle came to a rolling stop as he angrily looked back up. "You little imp! I don't care what kind of stupid deal you have with the boss lady but she ain't here to protect you now!" He yelled out as he fired a few ice beams at the boy. They were all a miss as the stranger simply dodged all of them. He calmly stalked closer to the young ice villain as said boy was haphazardly shooting ice everywhere. He finally sent a one that looked like it would hit dead on target, the kid was too close to dodge it on time.

Icicle felt like he had shot himself as he froze. Instead of freezing over like he should have, the kid simply waved away the ice himself and sent it flying off to the left. The fabric over his masked scrunching a bit into a smirk. Never before has anybody been able to do anything like that. Not even any of the adult ice villains were able to control the beams once they had been shot. Jr stood still as the strange boy made his way over to him. The younger sighed deeply as he pulled out an inactive collar from his pocket. "Really, I didn't want to do this, but you left me no choice." The echo in his voice sent chills down the spines of all three teens. He aimed a finger gun at the icy teen as green energy glowed around his hand. "I'm sorry for this." He apologized as he fired a singular green beam at Icicle. The teen got hit right between the eyes and fell down. The hit had left him unconscious and thus safe to approach and put the extra collar on. With it clicked around the teen's neck, it buzzed to life. The red lights glowed brightly as it sent a precautionary shock through the teen's body. Not that he felt it.

Even with the verbalized unwillingness to fight, they went with their intuition as the boy clearly was ready for one. The couple got ready in a defensive stance as the boy now turned back to them. They feared the power he held, even with all of his collars still on.

The masked boy, however, did not take kindly to their readiness to fight him as well. He fell into a loose defensive stance that Canary would have yelled at. The boy gave the impression that he never really had combat training, but more used to street fights. No matter his seemingly wide open points, they waited for him to make the first move. M'gann was no match for hand to hand, especially with her powers still out of whack. Normally it should be fine by now, but she still felt a strange fuzziness clouding her mind. Superboy didn't have that issue, but if he had learned anything from their training, is that it's usually better to not rush in blindly. Icicle had been a prime example of what could happen. With him being the stronger one at the moment, he also felt responsible to protect M'gann from any direct attacks.

The strange boy lifted a curious eyebrow as he eyed the two teens. Clearly confused as to why they weren't attacking him. He slightly let his stance relax as he let one hand drop to his side. He slightly tried to hide his arm as they could see the slight glow form around it. Not willing to take the chance of either of them getting hit the same way Jr did, Superboy rushed in. He readied his own fist, aiming straight for the boy's arm. The younger dodged just in time, flipping backwards to create more space between them. Seeing this opening, Superboy tried to swipe at the younger's legs where he should have landed.

Key word being should.

Much to their shock, instead of landing on the floor where Superboy had aimed for, the boy hovered in the air a few feet above where he should have been. Only slightly shocked by the sudden levitation, Superboy didn't want to waste too much time. He couldn't give this kid an opening to attack M'gann until either the kid was down, he himself was out or backup finally made it here. He jumped up, attempting to go for another punch. The kid didn't dodge much, only slightly so he would be able to grab onto the Kryptonian teen. Using the momentum of the older boy, the strange child spun him around and threw him through the wall behind M'gann.

The Martian called out for her teammate as she tried to catch him or at least break his fall. Right before she could grab onto him, a glowing green mass pushed her to the floor herself. Both crash down to the floor of the female mess hall. They groaned as they tried to get up before the strange boy could get close enough to them for another attack.