3

'Tommy sure be taking his time.' Icicle thought as 'Tommy' had been in the warden's office for a bit. Surely turning the collars back off couldn't be taking that long. He decided to open the door and look in. "How's it going?" He asks into the darkness as he sees 'Tommy' run back towards him.

"It's done!"

But behind his friend, he sees the glowing outline of a person, neon green eyes staring back at him. Something about those piercing green orbs made him feel super uncomfortable. "Um who is that behind you, Tommy?" He asks as he keeps standing in the door frame. Connor, who had already ran past him had to turn back to grab his frosty friend. "There ain't nobody there man. Now let's go break that wall."

True to his word, as Icicle looked back over his shoulder, the glowing figure had disappeared. Had he imagined it? Was the stress of the whole mission and impressing his father getting to him?

Not like he actually had any time to ponder on it, they still had a job to finish.

Conner went back to punching the wall at the split between the wings with Junior as Mammoth and Blockbuster stalked towards them. Conner yelled out one last time as he delivered an even harder punch than normal before turning to the mutants.

Freeze steps up behind them. I went back to the warden's office." He said, letting that catch the teens' attention. "Hook and Abra were taken out by ice before their collars reactivated. Your father and Cold were with me the whole time, so..." there's no need to finish the sentence as the tone and his glare show exactly what he wanted to say.

"What are you talking about?" Jr. countered, "We stopped the collars from turning back on. Oh, and you're welcome." He added sarcastically.

Freeze glared at the teen's snark but didn't say anything in retort.

"Don you get it?" Conner mumbles to Junior, then raises his volume just enough so Freeze can hear him. "You heard Freeze in the mess. This is 'is power play. He's takin' what belongs ta your pa." Freezes eyes widened as he got angrier at realization that he figured out Junior's true plan.

"Traitor!" Both Junior and Freeze yell at the same time, firing ice at the other. Conner is quick to jump to the side and out of the way. Ice collides in between the two of them, becoming a shattering crystalizing nebula of power.

Mammoth growls as he attempted to hit Conner, Blockbuster following close behind. Conner jumped back, quickly realizing that he was definitely running out of room before the wall. Mammoth came in with another huge hook that Conner ducked under, grabbed the mutant's wrist and throwed him into the wall. Blockbuster charged in after that. Looking over his shoulder at the noise, Conner saw just how close he was, taking Mammoth by the wrist again and swung him to hit Blockbuster and threw both of them at the wall.

Freeze overpowered Junior easily, putting the teen in the defense mode. "Amateur. You can't possibly hope to beat me at my own game." The Arkham inmate taunts. In all fairness, it is also Icicle's game, but he has far less experience that a vet like Freeze.

Conner looked over worriedly at Blockbuster and Mammoth as they stood back up. "How 'bout we trade dance partners?" He offered Junior. The ice teen looks over his shoulder while just barely holding Freeze back. "Deal." He agreed with pleasure.

Conner jumped high before Mammoth and Blockbuster could get to him. Freeze stopped firing his own attack in shock, looking up to see Conner delivered a downward punch. While Junior froze Mammoth and Blockbuster in place with a steady stream of ice.

As Freeze fell back, he realized his helmet's been shattered. Conner looked on as Freeze started to panic. "No. No. My suit is breached. Can't survive unless-" Freeze quickly shot himself in the face with the Ice gauntlet, freezing his head and shoulders, and the tops of his arms. He looks back at Junior who stops with his stream of ice to keep the shouting monsters back, as it solidifies, he looks to Conner. "I got mine, but I don't know if that ice will hold them."

"Jus' keep at it. Pile on the ice. I'll finish up." Conner said quickly before charging his shoulder straight into the wall, knocking what was left clear and through.

"Well, well, well, it's the brother." Frost mused. "Care to share Tuppy's fate?" Her eyes drag to the left, leading Conner's to the same.

All he could do is gasp at the suspended, frozen M'gann. Shock gave way to anger in a moment as he yelled in anguish while he charged. Devastation met him halfway, so he hit her straight in the face. Surprisingly, she tanked it and hit him back. The two exchanged a few more blows as Frost snaped a quick "Get out of the way" before huffing in annoyance, failing to get a clear shot at the raging teen. "Oh, fine, I'll ice you both."

Conner's quick reflexes led him to turn and catch Devastation in an arm hold, as she got hit head on with the ice. From there he moved quickly, charging at Frost where she barely had enough time to gasp and stop her ice before he threw Devastation at her. Both women hit the wall and fell limply to the ground.

"Dude, what are you thinking?" Junior questioned confused. Conner was slow to stand, but as he moved back towards his love, Junior realizes what he's looking at. "Oh. Aw, dude, I'm sorry." He offered genuinely, as Conner came to a stop before her, raising a hand to wipe away the fog so her face is no longer obscured. Conner's eyes close as he rests his head on the ice, hoping now that he made it here, she would be able to reach out to him. But he got no answer.

"And she was such the total babe too." Conner completely ignored Icicle's comment, stepping back with a large windup and an angry look on his face. Junior is quick to realize what he's going to do. "Dude, stop!" He exclaimed, stunning Conner enough with the fear in his own voice to get the bleach blonde to turn towards him. "You'll shatter her, if she's still alive in there at all." He mumbled the part lowly.

"M'gann, please don't leave me." Conner projects his thoughts one last time, hoping to get her to hear him.

Everything was quiet until the ice quaked and shattered itself. M'gann almost fell to the floor. Conner takes a moment to reach out to her, but he helps her up quickly. "Are you....?" He trailed, unsure how to finish the question. "It's pretty cold where I come from." She offered. Conner shifts his hold to her waist and her jaw. "I'll be al-" She's cut off as Conner kissed her passionately.

"Dude, that's your sister." Junior objects loudly, eyes wide.

M'gann shifted back to her Martian self, green skin, freckles, and auburn hair.

"What?" Junior looked to where she was frozen, then to Frost and Devastation. "Wait. Is she?" Realization hit him like a freight train. "And are you?" Now he knows exactly who they are. "Oh dad's gonna kill me." He whined as he rubbed his face in disbelief of how badly he messed up.

"Um, sorry to interrupt but would you mind going back to your cells?"