18

Danny forced himself to stop breathing the moment the smoke surrounded him. It's not like he needed to breathe in this form anyway but it was still a habit. Immediately he went invisible in case the new arrivals were in fact the GIW. How those lunatics had found him he didn't know but he couldn't take any chances. Perhaps it's Skulker who got a new toy to try and catch him for his pelt.

To this day, still, ew.

He flew up a little to survey his surroundings, taking a few seconds to observe the utter chaos going on.

At this point Danny was starting to think the guards slipped something into the vents of his cell or something.

First no food, again.

Then a jailbreak? Here? Absolute madness.

Not only that but one bad enough he had to step in and have his collars on standby mode. Definitely not whelmed.

Then being the last guard standing because SOMEHOW everybody's collars were on standby.

Then the absolute mess with Frosty the temper tantrum throwing teen. Definitely wishing he just punched that dude now.

The love birds not taking kindly to their possible friend-possible rival getting collared.

And now?

Danny felt like he took some hallucinogens as he watched Cujo chase a yellow zooming blur like he had been starved for a year. He almost didn't notice the blur had dropped off green girl with- are those fucking gills on his neck? Green girl was now with fish guy who immediately ran off to water magic a shield where buff dude was still on the floor from tackling Cujo.

"M'gann!" Fish guy called towards green girl, well, at M'gann apparently. Danny whipped his head around to look between the two. "Can you link us up?!" Fish guy yelled at her, or ordered? Danny watched as green girl put a hand to her temple and her both entire eyes began to glow a pale green.

He couldn't think much about the green eyes due to the sudden headache he felt. It wasn't a stabbing pain but he could definitely feel some sort of pressure had started in his mind. The oddness of the feeling made him lose grip on his powers as he felt himself fall a couple inches until he composed himself again. He would be questioning if somebody had been trying to possess him if he had felt another ghostly presence outside of Cujo who was still very much chasing that blur.

"Can somebody get this thing off me?" Danny heard somebody ask but he didn't see anybody talk.

"I tried!" He heard a female voice call out. It wasn't green girl's voice and for some reason he definitely 'heard' it from behind him. Danny didn't dare move as he was almost sure they had forgotten he was still there. "The damn thing just runs through the nets like they don't even touch it!"

Well if this isn't the worst development of the day. Just what the hell was that? Who the fuck were these people? And most importantly why were they trying to catch Cujo?

Danny didn't have much time to panic as the chaos below him just continued on with zero regard for his mental distress. "Superboy get out of there! We will cover your retreat." He definitely knew that was fish boy's voice but fish boy's mouth absolutely did not move. Danny could feel an actual headache come up as he tried to make sense of it all. If normal medication worked on him, he'd gladly drown a whole bottle of painkillers by the end of the day.

"Right, right." He heard buff teen say somewhat dazed.

Danny could barely focus on what was happening in front of him. So much was going on, so much had happened already and he couldn't shake this odd feeling he had. The longer this weird gang of teens was here the more he couldn't shake the strange familiarity of the blur and fish boy. There was something about them that he couldn't quite place.