14

Alarms started blearing. The lights in the entire block shut down as extra sets of bars fell down in front of each cell. Emergency light illuminated the area as the sirens continued to ring. Heavy steel blast doors descended as the exit of the block was closed off. The few guards that were inside rushed to their respective bunkers.

Panic shot through Danny as he anxiously grabbed onto Cujo. This couldn't be happening. What could have possibly caused a lockdown like this? Was Miss Waller okay? He did his best to keep his breathing even as he focused on the feeling of Cujo's fur.

Breathe in.

Hold.

Breathe out.

Steady.

He managed to calm himself down enough to think of what to do. Logically he would have to go to Miss Waller, but everything got shut down. If he tried to get out he would have to use his powers. But he couldn't do that as long as the collars were on.

As if some demon from hell heard him, the collars had turned off. Danny could hear the other two inmates in his block rejoice as they broke out and started working on breaking down the blast doors. Danny's collars, however, were still semi functional. One of the extra benefits of having modified these himself. They were powered by his own energy. Of course they couldn't run at full capacity anymore. Theoretically he would be able to use his powers, albeit weakened and with constant electricity coursing through his body. This, of course, would also make him a risk to everybody around him as controlling one's powers during immense pain is not easy. They used high voltages in Belle Rêve for a reason.

Danny lifted up Cujo so they would be at eye level. "Cujo, you gotta do something for me. I need you to go look for miss Waller, okay? Găsiți-o pe doamna Waller. Can you do that for me without causing any issues? Don't let anybody see you. Be careful, yeah? Fii in siguranta te rog." He pleaded with the puppy. Cujo yipped softly and ran off through the wall. Danny just curled into a ball, hoping his friends will be alright.

Cujo ran straight for Waller's office. He kept up his invisibility as he looked around the empty room. His fur spiked up as he could feel residual energy in the air. Growing into his bigger from, he sniffed the air and followed the track he had of the warden. The invisible hound ended up in one of the cells in Block 4 of gen pop of the male side. Inside he saw the annoying doctor in black, a guard he didn't recognize, Wilcox and Miss Waller. Carefully he walked over to miss Waller, slightly hovering as to not alert the inmates standing guard outside.

Once he managed to reach her, he lightly booped her shoulder with his nose. Waller gasped lightly, attracting the attention of Wilcox. She motioned for him to be quiet as she patted the spot Cujo touched. Upon her signal, he let himself become visible after he had shrunk down to hide better. He hid behind the woman as he peaked his head out. Wilcox moved slightly closer so he would be blocking the view of the door. Waller brought her hands up to her mouth and rubbed them together, giving the appearance of being cold. It also worked amazingly as a cover to talk to Cujo. "Where is he?"

Cujo shook his head and scratched at his collar. Though he couldn't talk, he could still communicate. Waller sighed. Damn that boy and his collars actually doing their job. Waller gave the pup a quick glance before she went back to rubbing her hands. "My office. The remote is in a hidden part of my desk under the computer. Left it there in case they did a body search before taking me with them."

Cujo rushed over to the office. It wasn't too hard for him to find it as he could sniff out the trace markings of sent. He grabbed the remote that controlled Danny's collars and went back to the young halfa's cell.

Danny jumped slightly as Cujo had suddenly popped out of the wall. He hadn't expected the pup to be gone for as long as he was. He sobered up quickly as he noticed the device in the pup's mouth. "Cujo, where-?" His question was cut off as Cujo had practically spit the remote into his lap. He wagged his tail excitedly and yipped at Danny. The halfa did not like the look of this. Not only was the remote covered in pretty disgustingly sticky drool, but it was his remote. Miss Waller would have never given it to Cujo if it wasn't a serious matter. Truthfully he had hoped there was simply a system malfunction and that it would all be fixed with ease.