twelve 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐓𝐎 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚

I ALREADY hate mornings, but today was the worst morning i ever had. i couldn't sleep all night and had those weird nightmares about zoro dying.

i got ready for the worst day of my life in the morning. brushed my hair, put on a short, baby blue dress with long sleeves and lots of ruffles. this dress has always been my favorite one. i stole it from a pirate ship two years ago, only because i found it so pretty. i usually never wear it, but today is a special day. today is zoros duel that might lead him to death.

the others were already ready when i got onto the deck of our ship. zoro is wearing his black bandana and has a serious look on his face.

i could try to talk him out of this, but i know that i would fail to convince him. it's his dream. his promise. you never break a promise. otherwise you would be a traitor. and zoro is no traitor.

with slow steps, we walk down from the boat. i have no idea where nami went. she's not with us. maybe she doesn't want to see zoro dying ... stop saying that, rea! he's not going to die.

the port is empty. it's the early morning. why would anyone be up? there's only one other person here. and that person is standing in front of the entrance of the baratie.

dracule mihawk.

he's wearing his stupid costume again. you know, the big cross around his neck, the bare chest, the long dark coat and the black hat.

"monkey d. luffy", he says as we walk towards him, zoro at the front, "im surprised the marines would require my services for such a small package. though i do like your hat".

"enough", zoro interrupts. all eyes go on him. mine included. i can't believe he's about to really do this.

"let's begin", he says.

with that being said, mihawk dramatically takes off his cross necklace. then he pulls out a sword. well, no, not a real sword. it's a really small one. like really small. it could be a scissor.

that makes me mad. mihawk is acting like zoro is the worst and most pathetic fighter in the world. which is certainly not true. he's the best one i know. well, the best swordsman i know. but i don't say anything. this is their duel, not mine.

"what is that? im here for a sword fight", zoro asks.

"i don't hurt rabbits with a cannon", mihawk replies. i take a deep breath.

zoro takes out two of his swords and holds them up, "im no rabbit".

"that remainds to be seen", the other pirate replies and holds up his small sword.

zoro starts running towards him with quick steps and i can feel myself holding my breath. he brings his two swords against mihawk, but his small sword prevents that. what?!

our friend is pushed backwards and most reaches us again. luffy, usopp and i are taking a few steps backwards too, so they won't hit us. with concentrated eyes we watch their battle.

zoro makes another attempt and runs towards mihaw. for a short moment, they actually have a swords fight, but then zoro falls backwards again. he harshly falls to the ground. how is this even possible? mihawks 'sword' is so tiny. i know that he's the best swordsman existing right now, but this good?

"you're strong. but fighting isn't all about strength", the captain says to zoro unimpressed.

"stop talking and fight"

zoro gets up again and attacks mihawk with his swords, but it seems to easy to mihawk. "you're like a little frog croaking in a well. croak. croak. croak".