thirteen 𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐘𝐎𝐔

✧・゚: ✧・゚: - :・゚✧:・゚✧

ZORO WAS LAYING on the kitchen island. i tried to find something to heal the large cut on his chest with. but my mind was completely blank. partly because i wasn't very good at seeing blood, but also because it is zoro who is almost dying right now.

waiting for luffy to come back, as he was searching for a doctor back in the baratie, felt like torture. we needed help immediately.

"why is he taking so god damn long?", i ask stressed. i feel like im about to throw up.

"rea, relax. he's gonna be back soon. and zoro is going to be fine, i promise", nami says to me. i start walking around the room at a fast pace.

finally, luffy enters the room, "thank god", i whisper and walk towards him to see the cook of the baratie walking behind him into our kitchen.

"are you kidding me? luffy, he needs a doctor, not a chef", i say to him and pit my hands on my sweaty forehead.

"do you wanna save your swordsman boyfriend or not?", the grey-haired man asks me, and right now i don't even care if he just called zoro my boyfriend.

i don't answer anything to that. now i can see that the other guy from the baratie, the flirty blonde one who served us our meals, is here too. with shocked eyes, we watch how he takes out a big fish, some knives, some kind of oil, and liquor.

"is that to sterilize the wounds?", usopp asks confused.

"hell no. that'd be a waste of really good liquor", the chef answers and takes a sip out of his bottle. why is everyone so calm about this?!

"beautiful", he says and caresses over the fish. i look at him with furrowed brows. then we watch how he cuts the fish into very, very thin layers.

"needle", he says and i quickly give him one, even though i don't understand what he's doing at all. but i soon understood it. the old man uses the needle to sew zoros open wounds. then he gently puts the thin layers of the fish skin onto them.

"this is an old seaman's trick. the fish skin helps staunch the wounds and heals the flesh a lot faster", he explains to us, probably sensing our confusion.

"is he going to be okay?", usopp asks and i wonder too.

"look, im not going to lie to you. he's lost a lot of blood. it might be too late for him", the chef replies. and that answer feels like a dagger being stabbed into my tiny heart. i don't even want to believe that zoro might die. that can't happen. he's way too strong for that.

"he's got one foot in each world right now, caught between life and death. you have to find a way to keep him tethered to our world. talk to him. tell him stories. sing him sea shanties for all i care", he says and looks into my eyes. i slowly nod my head, "he may not reply, but at least he'll know his crew are still with him".

we have to put zoro onto one of the beds of our ship, so he can rest. when the others are gone, i just look at zoro's body for a few minutes. i get nearer to him. he looks so calm, even though he is probably in so much pain right now. my hand glides to his face. with gentle fingers, i caress over his cheek and his forehead. oh, how i want him to just wake up. the separation from him was like the sea in my mouth as i drowned.

maybe i could have stopped him. or at least i could have tried it harder. this is my fault, i let him do this. i knew that he could die. i knew what a invincible fighter mihawk was, but i just accepted zoros wish to try defeat him or die.

i get a chair and sit near zoro's body. the chef from earlier told us to speak to zoro, even if he doesn't answer. to remind him that we are here for him, that we won't let him die. so i decided to tell him a story. my story.