C A I N E ?

[ Yes another oneshot ]

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

You took a look at the headset on your desk, a red bow and a note decorating the dark-grey device.

You don't remember having a headset, nor do you remember anyone who might have left it.

It couldn't have been a friend. Ypu weren't allowed to bring friends home.

Not like you had many. They were fake. Their personalities held more plastic than the ocean.

It couldn't have been your parents, either.

They do nothing but argue nowdays, your existance meant nothing to them anymore. What they fought over would be petty. Once it was your mother accusing your father of cheating. Then it was your father arguing with your mother about how to pay the bills.

You've learnt to ignore them. It was easy to drown out their voices. They've done this since you were little.

You couldn't make anymore guesses on who could have left it.

Who on earth would leave you such a gift?

A headset is a rather expensive gift to be left here.

Maybe it wasn't addressed to you.

After all, who would leave a headset in your room?

You were [ REDACTED ] , the young adult who's still with their parents because every cent you made had to go to the bills of the house.

An independent person that can't rely on anyone else.

You were on your own.

Like now, you were alone in your small and cramped room.

The lights of your room weren't even proper. They kept flickering because you never bothered to change the bulb.

All of your money was going to student loans, the bills to the house and the grocieries.

Now that you think of it, everything you worked for was always for someone else.

You felt like a wind-up doll, only being wound when someone wants entertainment.

You were always shoved around by others like you didn't matter.

" Screw it. A game seems like a great escape right now. "

You tell yourself, taking the time to read the note on the headset.

" It may not feel like your up to the test

But do know you're trying your best

I gift this headset to you ,

Put it on, we'll meet soon "

- C

You don't know who wrote it, but at the moment? You didn't care.

You were tired of it all and wanted an escape from the world.

You put the headset on without hesitation, your vision going black for a while and your body going limp.

When you came to, there was a cheery tune playing, which came to a halt once you've bumped into someone.

" My my! A new face? Say, what brings you around here? "

A voice spoke, oddly cheery.

You turned to see who it was and backed off imidiately.

The figure had teeth for a head, two eyeballs of different color forming its face.

" Woah- what the-?! Where am I?! What is this?! "

You demand, taking a step away fr9m the denture-head.

" You're in The Amazing Digital Circus! A wonderous place for anyone and everyone! "

You shook your head.

" How is this possible!? The headset--"

You place your hands on your face and try prying it off.

" That may or my not work my dear, you're new home is right here! "

They 'smiled', taking ylur hands away from your face.

What have I gotten myself into....?