Figuring It Out

"So do ye believe me now?" Hagrid asked the boys. They glanced at each other, doubtful.
"Twas an innocent situation boys, I'd never do anythin' bad towards Hermione. I love all of ye like me own children."
Harry scratched his head.
Ron shrugged.
They still didn't believe Hagrid that his intentions were 100% innocent, but the dark look on Hermione's face told them that they'd better accept the explanation or incur her wrath.
So the answer was easy. They'd rather piss off a thousand Dementors than land on the bad side of Hermione Granger when she's serious about a thing.
"Er...yeah we believe ya Hagrid." Ron said.
Hagrid slouched, relieved.
Hermione broke out in a big sunny smile and hugged the boys.
"Great! I knew you wouldn't jump to conclusions!"
Harry looked around at the wrecked room and at the still-unconscious Draco and thought that the conclusions had been jumped a long time ago. With a rocket.
Hagrid saw him studying Draco.
"Oh don't worry about him. I'll collect Draco and take him to Dumbledore so we can figure out what he wants to do."
"Expell him." Harry said.
"Throw him from a bridge." Hermione followed.
Harry and Ron laughed, and Hagrid gave a small grin."
"It's all up to the Head Master, children. But for now, ye best head back to the Castle while I clean all this up."
Hermione ran up and gave him one last hug (Harry and Ron looked away, studying a nearby wall) and then the trio walked through the busted front door and back onto the path to Hogwarts Proper.
They walked slowly, Hermione in the middle.
She grabbed both of their hands, smiling happily.
"I really appreciate you guys looking out for me. It was really sweet."
Harry shrugged.
"We're friends. Gotta look out for your friends."
Ron nodded.
Hermione seemed to think something over for a moment, then said.
"Yes, you do. That's why I want to reward my brave boys. For saving me."
Ron snickered.
"You gonna bake us a pie, Hermione?"
She smiled.
"I've already got you boys a pie, hot and ready."
Harry stumbled.
"What.."
"You can take turns eating it."
Ron turned pale under his freckles.
"Hermione. That's not what we..."
"Oh shut it. Why do you think I fought so hard to keep Hagrid and Draco from screwing me. I wanted my two best friends to be the first ones at the table."
Harry tried to pull his hand away, but she tightened her grip, almost dragging him.
"I won't hear any excuses either." she said.
Ron looked at Harry, who looked back at Ron.
They shrugged, and started walking faster.