Freesmart x Reader (platonic)

Hi!! I'm sososo sorry for randomly disappearing and not updating this book for weeks :,/ school is killing me (do NOT pick philosophy as a speciality study in a french high school if you like your life)
but HEY it's fall break now so hopefully i'll have more time to write >:] I'm keeping the requests closed for now though, i want to finish the ones i currently have before i reopen them.

Requested by BillyFTC :)

Notes :

O/N = Object name
Gender neutral reader (they/them)
This doesn't take place on any particular episode, also this is platonic. There's not many interactions, it's more memory driven.
Please listen to the song i linked at the top, it has a huge role in this oneshot!
enjoy!

-------------------------------------------

O/N sighed, their eyes skimming over their playlist. They were unable to find a song that would match how they feel at the moment and no song seemed to fit what the object wanted to hear.
This was the fifth time O/N hit "shuffle" and "Sea, Swallow me." started playing. O/N's brows unfurrowed as the first notes started playing.
How come they forgot it was in their playlist?
O/N got up and began walking, holding the mp3 player with both hands, adjusting the earbuds on their "head".

"Can't turn up, somebody punch me, yeah
Seven sugars and a madman goes
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more"

They had a specific memory they held close to this song, and to their heart : An evening with a shiny scarlet sunset over the huge grass fields of Goiky, happy chatter about the day's challenge and some kind and warm hugs in lovely company of their teammates Match, Pencil Bubble and Ruby.

"Nosy tempers 'bout to play for now
Anybody who doesn't shy around town
Horizontal moth
Horizontal moth
Horizontal to mono re-zones and we'll polish your dreams"

Despite having different preferences in music, the five shared the same love for this specific song, and built numerous memories around it, the sunset over the grass field being O/N's personal favourite.

Without even realising, O/N legs drove them to that same field from the memory. They sat on the soft ground, the blades of grass tickling their legs. It all looked the same. The stars and the nothingness of space in the distance above, the sunset displaying its light on the water mirror that was the Goiky Canal, the smell of nature and the feeling of home. The familiar scenery combined with the memories associated with it made O/N tear up a bit. Not from sadness, just from emotion.

"At least the sea where liberty
Will stand in place to seek and rule the world
Can't turn up, somebody punch me, yeah
Seven sugars and a madman goes
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted my man love, my big man, that low, lonely dove"

Some footsteps were heard from behind O/N's seating spot. The object turned around to face the approacher, who turned out to be Ruby. She silently sat next to O/N with a sweet smile, the two basking in each other's presence.

"Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more"

O/N took off their earphones, wanting to speak to their friend.

"...Where's the rest of our team?"
"They should be on their way!"
"On their way... to go where?"
"On their way here! We were looking for you and you're literally always here! Are you in love with this place or what?"

O/N smiled a bit. Perhaps tonight, they could build more memories around that song.

"Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted more
Yell, I wanted my man love, my big man, that low, lonely dove..."

(art by me :3)-----------------------------------------------------659 wordsNext oneshot is Two x Easily startled!reader (requested by blixerBoii)

(art by me :3)
-----------------------------------------------------
659 words
Next oneshot is Two x Easily startled!reader (requested by blixerBoii)