Lightning x Reader (angst)

Requested by @Cclockworkk!! Thank you :3

Notes :
-O/N = object name
-Gender neutral reader (they/them)
-Bad ending :(
-Takes place on tpot 7

This one is extra short, i'm really sorry, tho promise more is on the way ;)

-----------------------------------------------------

O/N joined DEATH P.A.C.T Again with the intention of preventing death and creating trust, not catching feelings for their teammate.

They just couldn't help it. As the episodes went on, O/N had trouble holding back and restraining their feelings.

They were particularly drawn to a teammate of theirs, a lightning bolt with an overwhelming need to please others and charming energy. He was always so sweet to O/N, he'd zapped a lot of people, but never them. O/N tried being kind in return, but nervousness and fear always got the best of them.

O/N would spend hours daydreaming of a confession, resulting in Lightning accepting it and the two sharing a kiss. The image never failed to make O/N red as ember, yet they never made a move on Lightning, too afraid of rejection. They interacted with him in their mind, but never in reality.

O/N loved Lightning, but apparently not enough to stand up for him when he was kicked out of the jungle biome by his own team, not enough to comfort him when he felt left out and not enough to even say goodbye to him when he got eliminated.

O/N was just running from their feelings.

They knew they might not see Lightning for years, but they acted like a coward and stood there, staring at the ground and waiting for Two to wipe him away.

But in a rush of anger, Lightning began zapping his teammates and Two while yelling about the pact. The other object looked up from the floor, to meet their teammate's eyes.

...

Fanny was the one to comfort and calm Lightning. O/N stood away from the two, observing the scene with regret in their eyes. Why couldn't that be them? Why weren't they brave enough to even approach him?

O/N's gaze went back to their feet, their vision going blurry with tears.
They listened as Lightning said goodbye to Fanny, and got wiped away.
The ground got wet with O/N's tears.

He probably prefers her anyway.

-----------------------------------------------------
386 words