Chapter 37

"What do you mean you're out!?" said Matt.

"Out as in out, out?" said Wes.

"That's right," said Pete. "I— I..."

"He polished the shovel." Matt finished for him.

"He broke the chastity vow?" said Asher.

"How could you Pete?!" said Matt.

"How could you not.." Pete said in a mumble.

"And hours after the prank went down so badly.." said Matt. "You couldn't have waited? How much bad news do we need in one day?"

"If Pete's out, I'm out too," said Nathan. "I've had my fill is all. And I wasn't the first one out you know."

"But you haven't done anything," said Asher.

"Not yet," said Nathan.

"We have to figure out their punishment for breaking the vow," said Wes. "We didn't decide that before."

"What vow," said Julia, arriving in the living room. Closely followed by the three other girls.

"The chas-" Pete said before Matt cut him off.

"It's confidential!"

"Fine, keep your secrets," said Julia. "But we need you to clear out so we can go to sleep."

"What do you mean," said Asher, who had grown rather fond of his couch bed over the past few weeks.

"You think we're going to go sleep in beds filled with itching powered? We're not that dense."

"Oh," said Wes. "Minor issue... we've been sleeping here since you sabotaged our room."

"Five guys... oh one couch?" said Julia.

"Bit cozy," said Mary.

"Well.. not exactly," said Matt.

"Wes has under the dining table claimed for his bed," said Pete as if it was a perfectly normal happenstance.

The girls couldn't help but laugh at this. The idea of sleeping under a table wasn't the least bit appealing to them. And certainly not for one tortured night of sleep.

"Well," said Julia, who was the first to sober her laughing. "I guess that means we'll spend the night in your room."

"You mean... You didn't put poison ivy in them?" said Matt, seeming gobsmacked that they'd all been sleeping uncomfortably for 2 weeks for no reason at all.

"Course not," said Stella. "No itching powder either. We're not mean like that."

"..mostly," said Mary in an undertone before following Julia towards the guy's room.

Copyrighted material

Copyrighted material. All rights reserved.