1k Celebration

Halloween Special!
-NOT PART OF THE MAIN STORY!-

My deep slumber was ruined when I got a random and unwanted phone call. I groaned and let it shut off on its own. I blew out a calm breath, finally being able to ease into my-

RING! RING!
ANSWER THE DAMN PHONE ALREADY!

That is what it would have said. But phones can't talk, can they? So, irritated, I snatched the phone and, attempted, to aggressively press the answer button in my half-asleep state. Once I finally answered, I put it up to my ear.

"What?!" I shouted quietly at the other person on the line. A laugh came through making me angrier. I then recognized the voice as my boyfriend, Capri.

"My bad, mama. Didn't mean to make you mad." He said still snickering quietly. I rolled my eyes smiling softly. I turned on my LED lights to (color of choice), sighing as I laid back down.

"Why'd you call me at two in the morning?" I mumbled out tiredly, calmer than before.

"I just wanted to know if you were gonna go to the Halloween party. It's tomorrow, remember?" He said, emphasizing the last words. I could hear the smug look on his face.

"Yes, I remember Capri," I lied through my teeth. I don't remember but I do have a costume already prepared. He chuckled faintly to which I scoffed at. "I still don't understand why you called me. Like, boy you crazy for this."

"I had to remind you now so you won't get mad that I told you last minute." He answered, giving back my attitude.

I sighed and shook my head lightly. "Are you sure that's it?" I asked one last time, ready to go back to bed.

There was a few moments of silence, then a cough. I raised a brow and sat up a little.

"I... uh. Was wondering if I could come over. Now?" He said, his voice becoming quieter and more like a mumble the more he talked.

My eyes widened a little in surprise. I fully sat up and looked toward my door that's opened slightly.

"Um, yeah sure. I guess that's fine..." I answered, my nerves getting the best of me. I got up and silently speed-walked to shut my door. I turned the knob and shut the door fully, letting the knob go back to its original position and locking it, just in case.

"Alright, thanks! See you in a bit-"

"Wait, Capri, you gotta come through the window. I don't wanna wake up my family, alright?" I sputtered out in one urgent breath. He laughed at my nervousness and I scoffed again.

"Alright, (Nickname). Love you!"

"I love you too. Now hurry up before I go back to sleep." I said smiling like an idiot. He chuckled slightly and hung up.

I squealed quietly, jumping onto my bed and squirming a bit. I don't know why I felt so happy. We've done this plenty of times before this and our parents were fine with it. So why did I feel extra excited? I don't know. Maybe I just really miss him.

___

BANG! BANG! BANG!

I jolted awake with a gasp. I guess I fell asleep anyway. I ran to the window and opened it, letting my beautiful boyfriend, in his plaid pajama pants, into my room.