Daydreams

Okie so this is my first ever Gale fanfic. Bare with me and stuff. It's based on kinda Middle Ages theme. So ya know. Anyway thanks to whoever reads this.
~Leaderofthebroken
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Levy stood at the balcony looking over into the garden with a small sigh. It was becoming tedious at the castle. Everyday it was the same routine, over and over again. She never left the castle walls and it saddened her.

A sigh of boredom escaped the girls lips when she heard a knock on the door.
"It's open."
She called turning and looking over her shoulder to see her friend Lucy step into the room. Lucy was a princess. In actually, Levy was adopted into the Heartfilia royal family.

Levy's parents had died at a young age and Lucy's parents decided to adopt her into the family. Lucy would take the crown first when it came to that, but Levy wasn't really concerned with being a princess. She didn't care. Sure the advantages where great. She never had to do dishes, clean the kitchen, or do laundry.

The best part about the castle was the library. Levy loved the library with all of her heart. All four walls of the room were lined with book up to the ceiling and nestled quietly between two of the shelves was a window. It had a seat and a perfect view of the garden. Rarely anyone went in there unless they were looking for Lucy. Other than that, no one went inside.

••••••••••••••

Lucy looked at Levy with a small look of concern.
"Hello. Earth to Levy." She called loudly.

Hearing Lucy's voice, Levy looked at Lucy with a small half smile.
"What? I'm fine." She said innocently.

Lucy raised an eyebrow and looked at Levy.
"Levy you were day dreaming again weren't you?" She asked with a smirk.

Seeing Levy's blush gave her the answer that she wanted. "You were."

She teased softly, letting a soft giggle escape her lips.

Levy raised her hands in defeat. "Okay so I was. Come on Lucy. What's so wrong about wanting to get out of here?" She asked softly.

Lucy looked at her seriously. A look that she rarely ever used except for on this subject.
"Levy. You know we can't leave. My dad would kill us and my mom would die of heartache. We are the only thing that keeps her happy. You included."

Levy sighed and looked down at her feet. She hated being talked down too. In both ways, both as a person and due to her petite physique. Lucy was at least a foot taller than her and so was everyone else. The rumors about her were cruel too. Just last week, a guard had made a joke that she couldn't be queen because everyone would look down on her, including the children.

Of all thing, height was the only thing that mattered. When people bowed, they were usually at her eye level and it made her feel sick.

She had tried heels. That definitely didn't work because she was extremely clumsy and would trip over her feet. Nothing she tried worked so she just had to deal with getting made fun of behind her back.

Lucy sighed softly and took Levy's hands gently in her own. "I'm sorry Levy." She said softly looking at her blue haired friend who seemed truly upset. "Hey. I'll got ask Mira to make us some cake." She smiled.

•••••••••••••

Levy nodded and let Lucy's hands slip from hers as she ran off to the kitchen to see Mira and Natsu. Natsu was the boy who stocked the fire wood in the kitchen and he loved to talk to Lucy. They would make a cute couple if he was in the same caste as her, but, unfortunately, he was considered a peasant and there was no way Lucy's father was going to let that happen. He liked his kingdom rich and powerful.

Natsu was neither.

His father had left him at a young age so he was adopted as a servant. It was sad but at the same time that's how some of the other servants were found. No parents and needed a job. Cana and Wendy were two other servant girls. Both had lost a parent.

••••••••••••••

As Levy stood looking out the window, she noticed someone running in quickly on a horse. The poor thing looked ragged, hungry, and just plain tired. As it approached the gates, the rider didn't slow and the guards didn't tell him to stop. Suddenly the gates opened and the male ran through jumping off his horse and landing with skill.

Levy could barely hear a thing, even as she stepped out into the balcony. The man was obviously in a rush considering his body language. She hiked up her dress to begin to climb over the edge when she heard Lucy yell.

"Levy what are you doing?" Lucy almost screamed rubbing in with Lianna, another one of the girls chamber maids, and Wendy.

"What are you doing Levy?" Wendy asked in her innocent voice. It almost hurt Levy's ear to hear her sadness.

"Isn't it obvious?" Lisanna whispered to her.

"I...I....I was just trying to hear what the man outside was saying." Levy stammered softly, her face turned a dark shade of red.

'Did the girls really think I was trying to kill myself.' She thought quietly. 'Do I really look that desperate?'

The thoughts continued to plague her mind until she noticed the three girls staring at her.

"What?" She asked softly looking at the three girls faces.

Just as they were about to reply, Grey, another boy whom Natsu fought with quite often, stepped to the door and bowed politely.
"Princesses." He said gently standing up straight and looking at Levy and Lucy.
"Two princes have sent a messenger on a head for them."

The girls looked at each other a bit confused for a moment before the boy continued.
"They have come to ask for Mistress Levy's hand in marriage. The King expects you to choose one and be wed by the weeks end." He said before bowing again and leaving the room.

Lucy and Levy looked at one another before Levy fainted, falling to the ground loudly.
'Married! Me? Oh no I've gotta get out of this.' Levy thought before closing her eyes drifting into unconsciousness.

••••••••••••••••