The Truth

-Normal Pov-

It had been a hour after Mai brought Naru his tea when Lin decided he would ask Mai about how she knew Gon and why she wasn't talking to anyone in base.

Standing up Lin headed towards Mai were he then grabbed her arm and dragged her out of abse and the building were he then let go of her arm while turning to face her before saying "how do you know Gon? and no lie's Mai".

"What do you mean Lin-san?"

"Listen here Taniyama-san, i know you, know her cause of the way you two were acting when you both saw each other and cause of they way you two were talkng to each other" Lin replied back whilst getting closer to her which caused her to step back a bit.

"I have no idea what you are on ......." Mai started to say only to be cut of by Lin who shouted "MAI" which caused her to jump.

"I'VE KNOWN HER SINCE I WAS LITTLE, SHE USED TO KNOW MY UNCLE AND WORKED FOR MY FATHER, SHE TOOK ME TO CARE WHEN HE PASSED AWAY" Mai screamed back earning silence from Lin who was just stearing at her.

Lin continued to stare at her with a puzzled look before asking "what do you mean Mai?"

Mai looked away from him whilst saying "it doesn't matter Lin-san"

"Mai who's your father?" Lin asked shocking Mai with his question.

"Why do you want to know?"

"WHAT'S HIS NAME MAI?" Lin shouted again causing her to jump once more.

"Why are you intrested"

"MAI"

"IT WAS KEI KOUJOU" Mai screamed causing Lin's eyes to widen as he watched Mai turned round and ran into the building leaving Lin stood in shock.

'Kei is this true?' Lin thought whilst he still stood in the same spot.

-In Base-

Naru sat and watched the whole scene that happened between Lin and Mai through the monitors but decided to keep it to himself as he knew Lin wouldn't want the others to know before he found out more about this.