Chapter 5

Once we were back in his room, I asked, “Where do I sleep?”  “On the bed.”  “Where do you sleep?”  “On the bed.”  I know that my face is the deepest red that it has ever been.  Is he serious?  I can't tell with his serious demeanor.  Surely he is joking.

“Oh, but,” I sputtered, not knowing what to say.  “But what?” he looked perplexed, which is fine.  I'm feeling pretty perplexed myself.  “I've never slept with a man before!” I blurted out.  I may have caught a little bit of relief in his eyes that quickly changed to a smug smile, “I will be the first then.”  Now I'm getting angry, “I will sleep on the floor!”  “No, I will sleep on the floor.  Why do you think there is an extra blanket?” he smirked.  Jerk!  He was just testing me.  I didn't really want to sleep on the floor, so I didn't argue further.  “You will want me to get into bed with you,” he stated, “You will sleep better.”  “We'll see about that,” I challenged, wondering what he meant.  “Am I really so unattractive that you would rather sleep on the hard floor than a comfortable bed with me?” he asked.  Again, I couldn't tell if he was serious, or not.  I looked at him for a minute and realized that he was actually being serious.  “It's not that.  I just met you and I know nothing about you,” I answered.  “That is okay.  You will know me well.”

He opened a drawer in the tall dresser, rummaged around for a minute and pulled out a garment.  He handed it to me, “take everything off and put this on.”  I held it up to look at it.  It was some kind of sheer, shiny body suit complete with attached gloves, feet and a hood.  “I am not wearing underwear for you,” I protested.  He smirked, “whoa, slow down.  You are moving a little too fast for me.”  Is he being serious or is that an awkward attempt at humor.  “That's not what I meant.  This looks like underwear,” I shook it at him.  “It is, sort of,” he stated, “it is for your safety though.  It is important that you put it on and never take it off, no matter what.”

“Can I take a shower first?”  “Before or after doesn't matter as long as you never take it off,” he answered.  “I shower with it on?” I asked, incredulous.  “Yes,” he answered, “wash your hair.  Get the chlorine out of it.  Just wear a robe for a little while after you shower.  I will help you put it on if needed.”  I left it on the bed and went in the bathroom.  I turned the shower on to warm up.  I took the braid out of my hair, missing Rosa already.  I took off the robe and bathing suit and got in the shower.  The water felt good on my tense shoulders.  I would be less tense if there were a lock on the bathroom door.  I quickly washed up, got out and dried off.  I couldn't get in the huge, white robe quick enough.  It was very soft and comfortable, but obviously meant for a seven foot tall man as it almost reached my ankles.  I twisted my hair up in a towel so it wouldn't be dripping wet.  I snuggled my feet into a pair of the plush slippers and walked into the bedroom.

Yaris was laying stretched out on the bed, back against the headboard with his ankles crossed, watching the news on TV.  He glanced at me and went back to watching TV.  I just stood there, not knowing what to do.  “Sit down.  I am not going to attack you,” he invited, patting the other side of the bed.  I walked around to the other side of the bed and sat down, uncomfortable.  “Relax, I promise.”  I leaned back on the headboard and stretched my legs out.  He handed me the remote, “they have quite a selection of American channels.  Pick what you like to watch.”  “I don't watch a lot of TV,” I responded handing the remote back.  “Pick a movie,” he encouraged.  I began searching through the channels.  With so many to choose from, how do you pick?  “Do you have any suggestions?”  “Do you like Science Fiction?”  “I will try it.”  He took the remote and started flipping through channels.  “Do you like scary stuff?”  “I don't  know.  I'll try it.”  He keeps flipping through channels.  “Do you like romance?”  “Not really, but I will try it if you do,” I smiled.  “So scary and/or Scifi it is.”  He keeps looking.  He just kept looking, and looking……  “I'm not really finding anything good.  How about a mystery?”  “Okay.  Sounds good.”  He looked a little more.  “Here is a good one.  It won't start for a little while though.”