Chapter 28: Believe

Chapter Dedication: 2SecretReaders

[For sticking with me despite my rather late updates]

Chapter 28: Believe

Emma's sweet voice filled Jax's head, "You can do it." 

"I believe in you."

And just like that, Jax found the strength to continue and to beat the monstrosity that the witch had created.

Dark blue smoke erupted from his fingertips and attacked the ogre, sending the creature flying through the air.

Jax lifted himself off the ground and saw that the ogre had crashed through several walls and laid unconscious on the dented ground.

With a twist of his wrist, dark blue swirls emerged and wrapped around the ogre's body and not a second later, the ogre's body had disappeared.

"Well that takes care of one problem." Jax turned around, beads of blood dripping down his face from his split lip. 

Svetlana's black eyes darted left and red, showing her anxiety and paranoia.

"If you kill me, you will never be able to get Emma back." Svetlana cried, desperation coating her words.

Jax smirked and watched her quivering form and how her normally calm eyes darted back and forth nervously.

"I don't plan to kill you," Jax stated and Svetlana's black eyes instantly filled with relief.

"I plan to torture you until you give me the information I need." Jax smirked, loving how Svetlana's expression filled with fright and how her body hunched over in anxiety.

###############

First things first, I am extremely sorry that you guys had to wait three weeks (maybe more) for an update.

Thanks for sticking with me,

-Lil <3