Chapter 2: Always Here For You

[Emma Alonso]

My phone gave off a ding sound, signaling that I had a message.

Look out of the window.

- Jax

I smiled at his message and looked out of my bedroom window. My eyes widened in disbelief as I saw him hold a bouquet of red roses. I ran down the stairs and I opened the door for him. As he entered, he handed me the dozen red roses with a genuine smile. I sniffed the roses and a little smile appeared on my lips.

"Thanks for the roses. It was extremely sweet of you!" I gave him my signature preppy smile.

"It wasn't a problem." He smirked. 

My phone dinged once again and I looked down to see an unknown number flash across its screen. 

Emma, I'm sorry that our relationship ended badly. I want you to know that no matter what, each and every day, I am always thinking about you. I hope we can keep in touch.

Tears silently streamed down the corners of my eyes and I stifled a sob. Jax must have seen the look on my face because the next thing I knew, he grabbed my phone out of my hands.

I watched as his eyebrows furrowed and his jaw clenched, clearly giving him an furious vibe. We locked gazes and he gave me back my phone. Before I could text back a reply to Daniel, I heard the slam of the door to my house and decided to follow Jax to see if he was alright.

"Where are you going?" I shouted at him before he could get too far away.

"Nothing you need to worry about, Emma." Jax angrily shouted back.

I flinched when he called me by my full name. It reminded me of Daniel Miller, the guy who still has my heart.

"Come on, Jax! Just tell me what's wrong!" I finally caught up to him and put my hand against his back.

"Do I have to remind you that Daniel Miller was the boy who broke your heart?" Jax frowned as he spoke.

"Today was the first time he ever texted you in the three weeks that you and him broke up! Do you know what's more disappointing?" Jax continued to speak.

"W-what?" I replied in a barely audible tone that I wasn't so sure he was able to hear.

"Here you are one second away from texting him back like your life depended on it! That's real pathetic, Emma." I flinched at his tone but Jax still continued speaking.

When he saw my reaction, he instantly face me an apologetic look.

"Look E, all I'm saying is that it's strange for Daniel to text you after three whole weeks of ignoring you. Ask yourself, is it really worth it to pine after someone who's a hundred miles away and barely tries to keep in touch with his ex-girlfriend? Think about it, E. I only want the best for you." Jax spoke softly with a genuine smile.

"I guess your right, Jax. It's just so hard to let go of someone who you have been with for an entire year." I sniffled.

He wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and pulled me against his chest.

"I'm always here for you, E." Jax murmured.

I smiled at him gratefully and hugged him tighter.

"And I will always be here for you." I responded back and stood on the tip of my toes to give him a peck on his cheek.

He looked down at me and gave me a heart warming grin that sent butterflies soaring in my stomach. The next thing he did took me by surprise.

Jax Novoa crashed his full red lips against mine and set exploding fireworks into my world.

-

Hey guys, thanks so much for the votes and comments on this book! When I first posted up this book, I thought no one would take the time to read it because there are so many more talented writers out there than me. In such a short period of time, I already have 15 votes and 100+ views! You guys really made my day a special one!

To make your Christmas extra special, I will give you an option of your choice for the next chapter!

In the next chapter, would you like this chapter (the one you are reading right now) to be written in Jax Novoa's point of view or would you like the story to just continue on where we left off in Emma's point of view?

Choose wisely, my young pupils! Sorry if this comment ended up being super lame! D:

Well, have an early Merry Christmas and an early Happy New Year!

-Lil.