Chapter XXIV

Sal feeds Gizmo breakfast, petting the cat as Gizmo begins to eat eagerly, as if he had never eaten before and was never gonna eat again. Sal stands up to put the bag of cat food away, chuckling at Gizmo and rolling his eyes, washing his hands thoroughly and just spotting Travis leaving the bedroom with his bag of clothes in his hands, shuffling quickly out of the hallway and bee-lining for the door. "Morning, would you like something to eat?" Sal asks, already grabbing bread from the pantry for the both of them, assuming his answer.
"No thanks, you can just make something for yourself." Travis responds with a cringe at the thought, fumbling to hold his bag with one hand and the keys for the apartments with the other, walking right to the door.
"Are you sure? You havent really eaten anything lately." Sal mumbles, looking at him in concern and adjusting his loose prosthetic back onto his face securely, not having expected the answer and pausing to take out the bread.
"Not hungry." Travis mutters with a shrug, starting to open the door and holding it open with one of his feet as he watches Sal.
        He eventually puts his bag down to replace his foot, moving to where his shoes sit against the wall. "Trav, how come? It's been a while since you've eaten man, that is a priority." he hears Sal say, the sound of the bread being placed on the counter following the words, and he grabs his shoes, kneeling to put them on.
"I'm just not hungry right now. I will at one point today, yeah?" Travis offers, tying his shoelaces and glancing up at Sal, who was staring back at him.
Sal gives a hesitant nod, obviously apprehensive to agree, slowly muttering an 'okay' to him and looking back to the bread he had taken out. He starts to walk to the fridge to grab butter, Travis standing back up and fully opening the door, picking up the bag that was discarded to the floor and resting against the door. "I'll be back soon." he tells Sal with a smile, half out the door as he looks over at the (obviously) worried boy.
Sal sighs, facing him and smiling through his eyes, giving another nod. "Okay, see you soon, Travis," he hums, taking out the butter and a butter knife to go along with it.
Travis exits the apartment, leaving Sal with Gizmo, as it had used to be. Sal in the meantime making himself his food, he hears the door close and if he listens enough also the elevator as the doors open and close.  He puts away the butter once he is done using it and takes out a plate to put the toast on when it is ready. He feels Gizmo paw at his ankles, looking down and picking him up. "Hi Giz, wanna follow me around as I do chores or are ya gonna do your own thing?" Sal laughs, Gizmo meowing at him in a response that he cannot understand.
He sets Gizmo down once he walks over to the couch in the living room, tidying up around the room first before moving around the apartment. Sometimes, he will see Gizmo follow around, and in the middle of cleaning the bathroom he hears the toast pop up in the toaster with a ding!. Sal walks back over to the area quickly, taking out the toast and putting it on the plate, blowing on his hands when he feels the burn of taking the toast out so soon. He waits for it to cool down as he washes his hands, taking off his prosthetic so he is able to eat, and once he is done and sees that it is ready he eats most of his food. He makes it a mental note to remind Travis to eat, unsure of why but having a feeling that he doesnt eat too much even before he got here. He barely even notices Gizmo, until rolls his eyes at him when the cat tries to take the remaining leftovers of his toast by getting on the counter and meowing. "Gizmo, I just fed you!" he laughs, though complying and giving Gizmo the rest of his food.
          He cleans up his plate as well as the rest of the dishes he sees in the sink, moving to the room and grabbing his towel as well as some clothes from his closet, and then heading to the bathroom to take a shower.

          Travis rests his head against the wall of the lobby, all the way to the far corner as he watches his clothes spin in the dryer. He starts to feel a bad feeling buried deep in his gut as he ignores the growing feeling of a presence on the other end of the hall, already aware of what is lurking. He sighs, running a hand through his hair anxiously and tapping his foot impatiently, just waiting for the clothes to be done so he can go back to the apartment as he is already worried of something more happening while he is gone. For god's sake, Sal's eyes and some of his veins are black.  After a couple minutes, the tune of the dryer being done rings through the air, indicating that his clothing is done. He immediately grabs his now clean clothes, putting them back in his bag and taking the time to carefully zip up his backpack, hoping the R.E.D. would just disappear already as it usually does. He finally turns on his heel to face the other end of the hallway, seeing the shadow, dark red eyes seeming to stare back at him. Travis takes an intake of breath, holding it and walking forward, though instead of approaching the shadow-like figure he walks into the elevator, having no intention of interacting with the red eyed demon. He presses for fourth floor, only exhaling after the elevator doors have closed.

|[Authors note: sorry this seems a bit rushed and uneventful next chapter will be a bit better im sure :))]|

Word count: 1003 w/o authors notes, 1031 with