a carnival's kiss (the end)

Luca's POV: It's been a week since Alex and Light have been gone for Hanako. The squad was silent and the only person who was on the channel was Charlie with her Vtuber model. Everyone was down in the spirits.

Me, Charlie, Levi, and Sora were all watching TV aimlessly before hearing the doorknob twist and open. "Hey guys, I'm back! And I brought two people with me." It was Jaxx! Everyone came rushing to hug him, Sora first. As everyone was done greeting Jaxx, I look outside to see Alex smiling with Hanako in her hands.

"HANAKO! YOUR OKAYYY!!" Charlie yelled as she ran over to Hanako and kissed him like crazy as Levi rushed over to help Alex bring her stuff in. I walk over happy as I look confused. "Alex, im glad to see Hanako is okay! But where's Light?" Levi looked at me with eyes saying, 'really Luca? Couldn't you wait till later to ask about your crush?' Alex gives Hanako to Charlie as the rest of the squad goes inside the house.

"Oh, actually he's at the park near the house. He wanted to go clear his head, could you come bring him back?" My face beamed with excitement, which was probably noticeable because Alex chuckled. But before I could say anything, I hear Light running over to us, looking out of breath. My cheeks turn red as I couldn't help but think how amazing he looked.

We make eye contact for a second before we both look away embarrassed because of what happened that week ago. "H-hey Luca... h-how have you been?" He asks silently, his cheeks and ears red as he scratches the back of his head nervously. "Good...." Alex notices the tension in the air and decides to break the ice.

"What do you have in your hand Light?" She asks gently as Light snaps back to reality. "Oh! Right! I just won 8 tickets for the carnival for free!" He says happily as Alex's face brightens up and she hugs Light. "That's perfect! The squad needs something to cheer us up! I'll go tell everyone." Light hands her the tickets before she runs into the house, leaving me and Light outside by ourselves.

It's quiet for a bit, an awkward silence. But I didn't like it. It had been a whole week ever since we had that moment, and all I wanted to do was talk to him. I decide to finally start talking as white air comes from my mouth since it's cold. "So, about that text you sent me..." I mumble loudly enough for him to hear. He sighs before he fixes his jacket and fidgets with his fingers.

"Yea... I've been thinking about it all week..." He says silently as my eyes widen. He was thinking about what he said all week... which means he was thinking about me... which me he wants me... which means he likes me and wants to be with me! I'm not delulu, I have a selulu! (Don't mind this I wanted to be silly)

I walk closer to him as I stand in-front of him. I look him in the eyes before I ask, "Well... do you want to try now?" I whisper in his ear before he jumps back a bit and covers his ear. "No!" He yells. My eyes widen as I felt my heart break... he doesn't want to kiss me and find out his feelings?

"Oh... I get it... it's fine, I understand..." I say softly as I start to walk away. His eyes widen instantly as he grabs my hand. "Wait! Man... I didn't mean that... what I meant was..."
His face goes red, and he looks away and tugs on my shirt as my eyes widen. "I want to... go on a date... before I kiss you..." He says softly as he looks me in the eyes.

My legs felt weak as my face goes red. My eyes soften as I sigh and put my head on his shoulder, hugging his back tightly as he seems shocked. "Man... I wanted to be the one to ask you on a date first. And hey, don't scare me like that Light... I thought you didn't want to try anything with me for a second..." I hear light softly laugh in my ear, such a sweet melody. He rubs my back as I feel like falling asleep right now.

"Geez, you act like such a kid." He exclaims as he pats my back. He smells like lavender, and he feels so warm. His hair is so soft and as we hold each other, I feel so safe. I lift my head up to see his eyes look into mine. I know he said he wanted to go on a date first... but damn... can I really hold back that long?