𝐇𝐨𝐩𝐞.

they were all in the waiting room with heavy hearts

they were all in the waiting room with heavy hearts. takemichi had informed them about her current state. she was in cardiac arrest.

emma was crying, she'd lose her best friend after all. hina was trying to comfort her though she had tears in her eyes as well.

mikey had arrived. emma looked over at him.
"mikey..."

mikey had put a hand on her shoulder and gave her a small smile. he then went to sit down.

"have a little faith, guys. she's gonna pull through. she promised me we'd always be together. i know she would never break a promise."

everyone had a hopeful look on their face after mikey said that. all they could do was hope and pray.

the light above her room had turned off. a second later, a doctor came out.
"we were able to save her life. the operation was a success."

"HELL YEAHH!" takemichi yelled with joy.

everyone cried tears of joy at the news. they went outside to tell the others.

as they exited, takemichi overheard emma and hina talking.

"it's already past midnight.."

"that means it's august 4th now."

takemichi had completed his mission.

he noticed someone was missing.
'where did mikey go?'
he frantically began searching for mikey. he ran, trying to find mikey. he spotted mikey near a wall.
'there he i—'

he stopped as he heard sobs coming from mikey.
"n/n... this is all so messed up.."
"dont scare me like that again, dumbass.."

after that night, takemichi had been recognised but obviously, that was all getting to his head

takemichi was on his way to visit n/n in the hospital after the accident. he entered her room.

"hey mitchy!" she waved at him with a close-eyed smile. she paused and looked him up and down. "what the hell are you wearing?"

"eh?" takemichi said, looking slightly offended.

"did you get dressed with your eyes closed?" she tried to hold in a laugh.

"you don't get it, N/N."

"huh?"

"im getting a little recognition and you wanna make fun of me!"

"well, if getting recognition makes you dress like that, then yeah." she laughed. "it's good to see you though. and thanks for saving me."

takemichi smiled.

she perked up slightly as if she just remembered something. oh yeah, here. she handed him a bag. takemichi opened it.

"toman uniform?"

"mhm! it was mikey's when Toman was first created. it's his way of showing his gratitude. it's important. please, look after it."

takemichi held it up, looking at it. "do you think i'll be deserving of this someday?"

she smiled. "why don't you ask the previous owner?"

"eh?"

"mikey. he's on the roof, probably taking a nap. you should go see him."

takemichi went to the roof

takemichi went to the roof. "hey, mikey."

mikey laid on the roof, wind blowing his hair. he looked deep in thought.

"i cant shake it."

"huh?"

"this uneasy feeling in my head. why did hanma want to stir up conflict on toman? why did kiyomasa and his lackeys get involved. but the biggest mystery is you. you knew this was gonna happen, and you tried to stop it."

'oh crap, is he on to me?!'

"just who the hell are you, takemitchy?"

"well i..."

mikey stared down at him, anticipating an answer. takemichi continued stammering, not knowing how to reply to mikey's series of thoughts.

mikey switched back to his carefree smile.
"what the hell's that lame get up?"

"you too?!"

mikey chuckled. "whatever, thanks for what you did, takemitchy." the two blondes shook hands.

mikey went back to Y/N's room. Y/N greeted him as he sat down beside her bed.

"did mitchy leave?"

mikey nodded.

she sighed. "you leaving now too?"

he shook his head. "nah, i wanna stay a bit longer."

"i'm sorry for causing you all this trouble. thanks for visiting me."

"you didn't do anything wrong."

"still, i'm sorry."

he patted her head. suddenly, he hugged her.

"manjiro—"

"i'm sorry... so sorry... i couldn't protect you." tears began forming in his eyes.

"don't cry, it was my fault." she gave him a smile and wiped his eyes. "i'm all better now, see?

he gave her a look. "you're in a hospital bed."

"so?"

he chuckled. "whatever dumbass."