𝐂𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐡.

they were standing in front of the church that taiju was rumoured to show up at.

"everyone remember the plan?" kisaki double checked. they all nodded. y/n and takemichi went inside. there was hakkai standing at the other end. kisaki had been right.

"i don't have time to talk, takemitchy." hakkai said. takemichi walked up to him, followed by y/n. hakkai continued. "if you two get in my way, i'll kill you both."

y/n sighed. "hakkai, you don't have to do it this way." y/n tried to reason with him. takemichi joined in.
"you don't have to do this. we know you're trying to protect yuzuha—"

"DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT MY FAMILY!" hakkai yelled. you could hear the pain in his voice. "he beats me if the food isn't good enough. if i forget to greet him, i'm forced to kneel in the corner all day. if i'm not up before him, he kicks me until i cough blood. if he's in a crappy mood, i get my ass kicked for just looking at him." hakkai looked at the two in front of him. "do you guys get the picture."

y/n and takemichi were both speechless. "so don't talk to me about my family cause you have NO FUCKING IDEA WHAT IT'S LIKE! NOW GET OUT!"

y/n took a deep breath. her heart ached for hakkai. "you don't have to kill to protect the ones you love. how will yuzuha feel when you're in jail?"

hakkai stopped, eyes slightly widened. he was about to say something when they heard the door open. footsteps were coming their way.

"oh, shit." y/n whispered. takemichi looked up to taiju.
"how did you get in here?" taiju didn't reply.
"son of a bitch. what the hell are you three doing here?" he demanded.

hakkai charged at taiju with a knife as he yelled. the next moment, his feet were off the ground. taiju was holding him in the air by his throat.

"let go of him you drug addicted prick!" y/n suddenly yelled. takemichi looked at her, concerned.
"drug addicted?"
"yeah, he has to be on steroids. it's not possible to be built like that otherwise."

taiju threw hakkai to the side and walked up to them. "man, you guys are a pain in my ass." he looked back at hakkai. "hakkai, my back is wide open. i bet it woukd be really effective if i was stabbed right now."

y/n gave him a questionable look. "are you a masochist?" taiju laughed.
"oh, this must be the well known n/n i've heard about!" he grinned. "this is gonna be a lot of fun."

he punched takemichi, hard. takemichi flew back on the floor. y/n groaned. "you little bitch."

taiju walked over to takemichi and held him by his throat, same as he did with hakkai. "i bet you don't even know why hakkai wants to kill me, do you?"

takemichi struggled to speak. "because you're a sadistic torturer and beat both him and yuzuha."

suddenly, taiju erupted with laughter. it echoed around the whole room. "i'm guessing hakkai hasn't told you his little secret." hakkai looked stunned.
"don't say it.."

taiju smirked. "hakkai is—"

someone appeared from behind. "yuzuha?!"
y/n was shocked at her sudden appearance. yuzuha had pushed a knife into taiju's back.

taiju threw takemichi away and punched yuzuha. they both fell to the floor. taiju looked at what his little sister had done. "yuzuha... YOU BIIIIITCH!" he roared.

he picked up a bench. "NOW YOU'VE GONE AND PISSED ME OFF FOR REAL!"

"what the fuck?! y/n said, blown out her mind. "i knew he was on something, but damn!"

taiju threw the bench. it shatter in front of yuzuha on impact. y/n looked at takemichi, shocked. "does that mean.." takemichi nodded.
"it was yuzuha who had killed taiju in the previous timeline."

taiju laughed. "thanks, hanegaki." takemichi shivered.
"for what?"
"for saving my life. but now..." tears streamed put of taiju's eyes. i'm going to have to end the life of my little sister."