2 - SHE GAVE IT A TRY

I wrote most of this on the plane, enjoy. <3!! Plspls point out any spelling mistake and stuff so I can improve!! Thank you x

Bzzt Bzzt!

Wilbur glances over at his phone.

Laughing with Joe and mark, holding a beer in his hand as they all joke and drink together on their way to the next city of their tour.

It's an unknown number, scam message?

+44 #### #### ###
Hi, it's addy

Oh

Wilbur excuses himself and picks up his phone, he stays where he is but he's fixated on the message now. She actually texted him, Adalia texted him.

Adalia
Oh
It's okay leave me on read if you'd like. I deserve it, have a good life, Wilbur.

Wilbur
I didn't expect you to actually text me, Ads, how've you been?

Adalia
Don't talk like this, Wilbur, don't talk like we're old friends when we're anything but that.

Wilbur
Maybe I wanna reminisce

Adalia
stop it
How've you been?

Wilbur
Great

Adalia
I could see that.

Wilbur can't tell if she hates him or she's just changed.

She seems to have changed a lot - she used to have short blue hair and used to wear fake piercings and just wore the same colours all the time. She only wanted to be out partying, distancing herself from reality. But now - after a look at her instagram account that he had long blocked back in 2019, she posts pictures of stray cats, rainy days, paintings and some pictures of her and a friend. A quiet life. She cut or dyed the blue hair and it's lengthy now, she dresses warmly with earthy tones. She's a different person - wow.

She's still his dream girl.

Wilbur felt bad for her when he saw her in the crowd - she obviously was dragged into the show by whoever it was beside her. She couldn't stop looking at him, or she couldn't move. And when they made eye contact she looked like she wanted to cry, she looked at the floor for the rest of the show after they broke eye contact.

Wilbur felt like his heart had stopped beating when he saw her again - like there was something inside of him scratching to get out, like he wanted to scream and throw his guitar, smash it to bits on stage. Even though in reality she did nothing wrong to him - he did it all. He was the reason they broke off their relationship, too fixated on his own issues and his rise to fame to even notice his girlfriend.

Wilbur
Are you an artist?

Adalia
Why do you ask?

Wilbur
Your insta is full of paintings and stuff like that, some of it looks like you painted them

Adalia
Yeah, trying to be a painter.

Wilbur
I'll buy you a train ticket to Brighton if you come and have a cup of coffee with me

Adalia
no
We aren't doing this again, Wilbur.

Wilbur
Oh come on, exes catching up, what's so bad about that?

Adalia
That you broke my heart and left me - you broke up with me on my birthday... after you forgot it was my birthday..

Wilbur
ok I did some bad things