Chapter 02

He pulled away after stealing a peck on my forehead. My cheeks heated upand took a glance on the people who might see us. Neo was a shameless cutelittle bastard for doing that.

I look around to see if there are people who might have seen what hedid. Luckily, we are the only ones in the hallway on the way to the exit ofthe university.

"Neo!" I squealed, cupping my cheeks and ran away from him. He was still teasing me as he followed me behind me.

Neo and I have a lot of things in common. I can still remember the first time I saw him, I was in 11th grade, and Grace introduced me to him. He was a year ahead and we are from different schools.

I found him interesting. Aside from the fact that he is handsome, everyone knows that he is not a playboy, totally different from the guys out there. Some guys will smile a lot to girls to get their attention to talk to them and not so much with guys like them.

Neo was somewhat uncomfortable doing that with girls. He'd rather strike up a conversation with his guys like him, which at that time I thought he was just timid. But no, he is just a gentleman.

As soon as we reached his apartment, right after he unlocked the door, I ran and dived into his comfortable couch and buried my face on it.

I am still panting as I did that because we both running to his apartment from the university which is only a 10 minute walk.

As usual, Neo offers me his comfortable oversized t-shirt and a pair of his jogging pants. He would do that so I would be comfortable and won't crease my clothes.

I am so thankful for that because I was only wearing a short lavender skirt and a crop top. The school still has rules to wear our uniform but it is also not strictly mandated. The guard still let you get inside the campus.

After changing and resting for a while, I took out my phone and scrolled on Facebook. I saw that Grace has a new post. She is holding a frappe in her hand and in the background is a familiar place. No need to guess it since on the cup was a logo of a twin tailed siren.

"A traitor. You did not even invited me. TT" I typed. I let out a half laugh after hitting the post button.

Neo came back from the kitchen and handed me a slice of pizza and an orange juice. The aroma of the cheese pulled me in to taking a bite. If my tongue knows how to speak, it would complain about eating slowly.

"The guys slept over here last night and I have some leftover pizzas in the fridge." He pointed the fridge over his shoulder using his thumb.

Napatango ako at pinunasan ang gilid ng labi gamit ang aking hintuturo. I smiled.

"Yeah I saw their post on instagram too, I thought it was a group study?" I smiled but came out grimacing.

"At first it was, but Asher invited the two to play ML with him and I just joined. Don't worry, we still did our work." He laughed and took out the paper works from his black backpack.

"Shall we start?" He grinned and I stretched out my arms and joined him.

***

It was already three in the afternoon when I woke up, wrapped in a white soft blanket, still in the living room. Napalingalinga ako sa paligid nang hindi ko makita si Neo. Nakasarado rin ang mga bintana kaya medyo madilim dito. Naghintay muna ako ng mga limang minuto bago tumayo. Akala ko kasi dadating agad si Neo.

Napabuntong-hininga ako at lumapit sa may salamin na across lang ng living room niya. May oval-shaped siyang salamin at may desk din ito at may mga school supplies na nakapatong dito.