Chapter 20

Aubrhys's Point of view.

I attended the school as if nothing has happened yesterday, as if I didn't questioned the person I trusted the most in my life, and as if everything's will be alright.

I just reminded myself that I have to be strong because this is only a season and this will pass. I don't have to ruin myself this much because I might lose the people dearest to me.

I should stay sane and attend classes. I should focus on the present time and forget the past.

But is that really easy? Because I am here standing in front of this people who were judging me with their eyes open. Although, I may not know what thry are thinking, one thing's for sure is they are backstabbing me with their hurtful words.

Stage fright were not on my dictionary, fear of public speaking either but at this moment, facing these different kinds of people, expecting something on me, made me lose my voice.

I stared at our concerned Professor who adores me so much because she always keep that smile on her face and favors me a lot. She asked me 2 minutes ago already about what she was discussing because she caught me taking a nap in the middle of her class.

This is the class that Grace and I partnered up for the presentation, which she didn't make it and I was the only one who carried out the  performance.

The room is so quiet as Ms. asked me once again. "Would you like to take a rest on the infirmary, Ms. Aaubrhys? You look pale."

My block mates began to murmur and I can clearly hear what they were talking.

The professor turned her back and went to the table where her laptop was displaying the ppt on the white board.

"I think I really have to go, Ms. I am so sorry for troubling you." My voice cracked and I heard some of my blockmates giggled.

I shrugged the thought of it and fixes my things inside my bag. My whole body shivered in cold and my hands were shaking. I didn't bother to organize all of them and I just wanted to get out of this room as soon as possible.

"Ms. Aaubrhys, make sure to eat your lunch before coming in school, you should take care of yourself, you hear me?" The professor acting some kind of an adult moves my heart.

Sinukbit ko na ang bagpack ko sa balikat saka tumango sa kaniya na may ngiti sa labi. Nakaupo na siya sa high stool habang kaharap ang laptop niya.

"This will be the last I am excusing you in my class. The next time, I will mark you absent." She gave me a strong gaze that again I only nodded my head in agreement.

"She's just acting, Ms. What an attention-seeker!" Was the last thing I heard from my block mates before vanishing out of their sight.

After escaping from that hell, I found myself empty and having nowhere to go. I don't feel like hanging out in the library or treating myself with carbonara because I know that won't ease the sadness that I am feeling.

But I found myself craving for fresh air and it didn't fail me because the vast field with green bermuda grasses was to the rescue. Our campus is also surrounded with trees and the elevation in this area is high so it is pretty cold in here.

Naglatag ako ng mat sa isa sa mga puno ng talisai dahil iyon lamang ang bakante, marami studyante rin ang nandito nagpapalipas ng oras. Medyo maingay nga sa position ko kaya kinuha ko ang airpods mula sa bag nang may magtakip ng mga mata ko.

Dahil sa gulat ay napasigaw ako sa pagkakaupo pero nakilala ko naman kaagad ang amoy ng mga kamay sa taong gumawa nito. It is no other than Neo.

"Love? Please I am not time with your jokes." I pleaded.