☆Happiness☆

"Did you kiss her?"

Woohyun was taken back by the question, loosening his grip on your arm.
"So, you...trust her?" He furrowed his brows in confusion.
"Should I trust you, then?" you asked, a little more serious this time, not allowing your tears to fall.
"You trust her over your husband?" Woohyun asked again.
"Did you, or did you not?"
You were reminded again what you were to him.
You were going to leave at the end.
What permission did he need to get from you?
Woohyun stood there in silence.
"Excuse me," you said, removing your arm away from him.
You couldn't bear to look at him any longer.
The longer you stood there, you were only going to feel pain and betrayal.
You were most scared about growing attached to him.
You walked inside the house, not looking back once.
You didn't know why you felt the way you did, but it felt right to feel upset at the same time.
Woohyun stood still, watching you walk further away from him.
He wasn't angry or hurt that Jihyun told you anything, but the fact that you seemed to trust another person's words than his.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You closed the door, leaned your back against it, sliding down all the way to the floor.
You hugged your legs and buried your face.
So, it's true. It's true that they did. Why would he do that?
You cried, silently.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Woohyun?"
Woohyun looked over his shoulder, hoping that it would be you.
"Jihyun-shi," he whispered.
"Can we talk?" She asked.
Woohyun thought for a second.
"It'll be quick," she said, as she realized Woohyun hesitated.

Woohyun and Jihyun stood across from each other, his hands in his pocket, her hands interlaced each other.

"How are you?" Jihyun asked."I've been well. How about yourself?" Woohyun asked.He wanted the conversation to be quick as Jihyun had promised.He knew you would be waiting for him, and he didn't want you to wait long.
"I'm okay," she replied.
"What did you want to talk about?"
Jihyun's eyes watered.
"About...us."
Woohyun sighed.
"There's no 'us.'"
"Can you give me another chance?" Jihyun begged.
"I'm going to head back, if this is what you wanted to talk about," Woohyun frustratedly said.
Before he could take another step, Jihyun wrapped her arms around his waist, preventing him from leaving.
Jihyun sobbed onto his back. Woohyun knew he wasn't going to comfort her.
He had moved on, and he knew there wasn't going to be a second chance.
"Jihyun, please don't do this," Woohyun said, as he tried to remove Jihyun's arms around him.
Jihyun held on tighter.
"I love you, Woohyun. Do you hear me? I love you. I love you as before. My heart had always felt the same," she sobbed.

Woohyun listened, as he promised he would, before removing her arm away.
He turned to face her.
"We can't be the same, Jihyun."
"Do you remember what you promised me? You said you loved me that day."
"You broke that love the day you decided to break it off," Woohyun reminded her.

"What if...How do you know you don't love me?" she asked, still crying.Woohyun didn't say anything.Jihyun did what she thought would change his mind.She leaned in, aiming for his lips, hoping that it would spark something in him; spark the love they used to have.
The moment Jihyun leaned in, Woohyun took a step back, confused by her action."Jihyun, don't."
"W-what are you doing?" She asked; a tear rolled down her cheek.
"I'm happily married."
"To who?" Jihyun asked; her heart ached, her legs felt weak.
"You should move on," Woohyun said before leaving.
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun walked inside the house, sliding the back door close.
He scanned the kitchen, but no sign of you.
He felt he should have told you the moment you asked. Trust was a value that he believed in marriage.