Chapter 13: Bruce Dalton

June stays glued to my side as we say goodbye and exit the bar about an hour after she arrives. Just as I expected, everyone she met, including Whiskey, had many questions to ask. Each of which she answered honestly and openly, but I made sure to keep a close eye on her just in case she got uncomfortable or needed support in answering something.

But it's not the guys would intentionally ask anything intense upon meeting her, and she can hold her own. I care a lot about her, and I want to keep her happy, that's it.

Now, we are heading back to her apartment to spend the rest of the night watching movies and eating bowls of popcorn. Her car trails behind my motorcycle, and with her window down to let the hot breeze into her sedan, I hear her screaming the lyrics to My Way by Calvin Harris. She's absolutely fucking crazy. I love her.

I take a deep breath, desperately trying to control myself. I need to get a fucking grip.

I glance back behind me to see her sending me a little wave over the top of the steering wheel with her fingers, and I wave back to her, smiling under my helmet.

I don't want to control myself anymore. I want to fuck her against a wall and love her into oblivion. But that can't happen, at least not yet.

I pull off to the side in front of her building but trail after her as she drives into the parking garage, which is technically the first floor of her apartment building. I watch as she safely (according to her standards) parks and speed walks toward me with a smile on her face.

I wrap an arm around her waist, wanting her as close to me as possible while I guide her into her building, into the elevator, and into her apartment. Her honey and rose scent overwhelms my senses, my heart racing in overdrive.

Fuck, I'm so fucking turned on right now. It's like arriving home. I don't know how else to explain the feeling inside of me.

I dream of spending the rest of my life with her. She's the fucking best.

"So, what movies are we watching?"

"Top Gun and Top Gun Maverick."

She answered that question quickly.

"Why those?" I question, even though I already know what she's going to say.

"For the plot. Why else?"

"The plot? You mean the hot guy plot."

"I always mean the hot guy plot, but we don't need to acknowledge that okay?"

I just like hearing her admit it aloud.

"Okay, I won't say it ever again."

I'm a fucking liar. I one hundred percent will be teasing her over this for the rest of our lives, thank you very much.

She collapses on the couch in her pj shorts and top (a matching set that I bought for her from Vuori), popcorn and wine in hand. I gently sit beside her and navigate my way to Amazon Prime Video to get the movies that she wants.

She squeals in excitement when the beginning sequence of Top Gun starts, launching her body closer to mine and reaching into the bag of Lays chips that I got from her kitchen cabinet.

It's not unusual for us to be this close when watching a movie. It's just so much more different now. It's so much more than just watching a movie together. After waiting for this feeling for so long, after waiting for the opportunity to date her for so long, I can't help but feel slightly overwhelmed and nervous.

I have no reason to be. I'm certain she likes me, wouldn't be this close if she didn't, and knows me better than most people. Maybe that's what scares me most. She can read me inside and out. I'm scared that the closer we get, the more she's going to find out, and she's not going to like what she knows.