spend the night

Over the next week, we've been constantly texting because of his work schedule. I love getting his good morning texts as soon as I wake up. They always make me smile. I did pop into his work just to see him and to see him in his maid outfit but that's not the point.

I'm lying on my bed in the morning when I feel my phone buzz beside me.

'Hey, I was wondering if maybe I could come over and spend the night? If not that's fine '

I feel my heart about to beat out of my chest. He wants to spend the night? With me?

'Yes of course you can :)'

'Yay! I can't wait I'll see you later after my shift I'll message you when I'm on my way'

'Okay I'll be here waiting for you'

I feel like such a schoolgirl getting all giddy over someone like this. I'm always so excited to see him. Well, beings he's coming over I guess I should clean up my room a bit and get dressed.

I start by putting away all my laundry, throw away my trash, and clean out my ashtray. After cleaning up a bit, I put on a plain T-shirt and black basketball shorts.

I go downstairs to see everyone in the living room just chatting and hanging out.

"It's about time you joined us 2D, Murdoc called but we didn't want to wake you up," Ace says.

"Oh..he did? Well, I'm sure he didn't want to talk to me anyway" I try to sound like I wasn't hurt that I didn't get to talk to him.

"Well, he seemed disappointed that he didn't get to talk to you," He says.

The comment he made stung. I wish I could've talked to him. I feel a wave of depression come over me which makes my chest heavy. "Oh, well anyway y/n is coming over to stay the night".

Noodle beams, "I'm so happy to finally meet him! When will he be here?"

"Sometime later he didn't really give me a time, just said after his shift".

"Okay! I can't wait" she says excitedly.

I smile a bit at Noodle's enthusiasm, but I can't shake this heavy feeling in my chest. I just want to be alone right now. I start to head upstairs and no one stops me. They all leave me alone when I start to feel like this and it's always written all over my face.

Once I get to my room and lay on my bed my eyes start to water. I miss Murdoc. I want him home. I want him to call me face ache. Why am I happy that he's gone but also miss him so much and crave his attention? I start to cry more than before and put my face in my hands.

Eventually, I stop crying and just lay there in bed, occasionally scrolling through my phone for a few hours. But the depression is still here. My phone vibrates and it's a text from y/n saying he's on his way. Shit, I completely forgot he was coming over and I still just want to be left alone right now. I tell him 'okay' with a heart emoji so I didn't seem disinterested.

Your POV

I can't believe I finally get a whole night with 2D! I could really use some decompressing time right now. Normally work being loud and overstimulating doesn't bother me too much but today it did. It was so hard trying to mask for my customers that I didn't get as many tips as I normally do. So instead of dressing up I just put on a baggy t-shirt and basketball shorts so I can be comfy.

I get to 2Ds house and grab my bag as I get out of the cab. I text him saying that I'm here and knock on the door. I don't have to wait long before Noodle opens the door.

"Y/n! You're here!" She says excitedly.

I'm a bit taken aback by her introduction. I'm glad she's happy to meet me, I just wasn't expecting this.