Magic City

Shower, check.

Hair kind of done, check.

Black leather jacket and looking like a badass, check.

My hair is kinda blown back, my eyes are back to black, or for now at least. I'm wearing my black leather jacket with a white shirt underneath and black jeans. I look at my phone for the time. 8:15. I still have time to kill. I go down stairs and see Ace on the couch.

"What time are we leaving?" I ask him.

"8:30"

"Alright, I'm going out"

"Be back in time"

I nod and walk out of the house. It's dusk outside which gives the scenery a light cool blue shade. This time of day is always peaceful. I put a cigarette in my mouth and light it as I walk down the street. Every few feet I'll inhale the chemicals and let them fill my lungs before letting them out. I hear my own footsteps against the concrete. The only footsteps.

I turn a corner to go into an alley but I run into someone who falls backwards. They hit the ground with a thud and look up at me with worry in their (e/c) eyes. "Ah! Sorry I didn't see you! I was just on my way to work" they say apologizing.

"No, no it was my fault let me help you". I offer them my hand. They take it and I help them up.

"Thank you, again I'm sorry" they say.

"It's alright luv, don't fret".

They give a light, nervous chuckle. "Alright, I'll see you around". They say with a wave and walk away. My gaze follows them. I couldn't tell what gender they were but they seem like a very interesting character.

I check the time and it's 8:25. I guess I  should probably head back.

I walk into Ace as soon as I get through the door.

" Ready to go?" He asks.

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be" I respond.

"Great! Come on". He says leading me out of the house. Ace takes me down the street then down some alleys. We eventually get to place with a blue neon sign saying "Magic City".

"Did I name a song after a hostess bar? Is that why you laughed?!" I exclaim.

He laughs. "Yes, that's exactly the reason. Now come on". We head in and we're greeted by more neon lights and music. There's guys with the workers at private booths. The girls are dressed in maids outfits. Ace leads me further into the building. We come up to a girl in normal clothing. She has medium length light red hair, with dark blue eyes and light freckles on her cheeks. Her name tag said 'Jessie: manager'.

" Hey Jessie! I brought a new client for you. Got any one for him?" Ace asks putting an arm around me and smirking.

She looks at me and from her look I'm guessing she can tell I'm a little nervous. She smiles. "I have the perfect person for him. She's new here too. He can be her first client, tell me how she does"

I nod and Ace takes his arm off me.

"(Y/n)! Come here I have someone for you!" Jessie chirps. A girl comes up to her in a maids outfit. I look at her and realize it's the person I ran into. Okay they're a girl, noted. She looks up at me and we both start getting flustered. "Well? Take him to a booth" Jessie says.

"Oh, right. Sorry. Follow me hun" she says. I look at Ace before following (y/n). We get to a booth and she sits down beside me.

"So this is where you were heading" I chuckle.

She giggles. "Yeah, wasn't expecting to see you again. Normally you only meet someone famous once. But damn twice in one day?"

"You know me?"

"Of course that's why I apologized so much"

"No no luv just because I'm famous doesn't make me any different. Though you're the first to not fangirl and freak out over me". I smile.

" Trust me I was and still am. Now it's worse because I'm supposed to be your hostess. Oh shit right my job" she moves over to my lap and sits. Her face is beyond red.

My heartbeat starts to pick up and I smirk. "No need to be embarrassed luv, I've had a lot of girls just randomly sit on my lap"

"Wow thanks for the confidence booster". She laughs.

Her laugh is kind of adorable. "Haven't I told you my side job is a motivational speaker?"

"Well, you're a 10 out of 10" she says and smiles.

"Awe thanks luv" I give a light smile.

"Oh, shit 20 minutes are up mate" she gets up off my lap. I stand up and lift up a strap on her shoulder and slip a 20 in it. "I'm not a stripper".

"I know but that's a tip for the decent conversation".

"Wow I feel so honored" she rolls her eyes playfully.

I scoff and follow her out to Ace. He is surrounded by girls who are giggling and touching all up on him, while he eats a cheese sandwich. "Are you ready to go?" I ask.

He groans. "I guess".

Jessie came over to me after (y/n) left. "How was she?"

"She was great, for her first time"