Chapter 1 - Departure of Goku, and visitors from the Future

Son Goku, the Saiyan raised on earth, and Shenron, the immortal dragon, fly off into the distance

Son Goku, the Saiyan raised on earth, and Shenron, the immortal dragon, fly off into the distance. After giving his goodbyes to his family, dropping by his old master's house, and then traveling to the underworld to give his final goodbye to his oldest rival policing the evil souls, Goku is spirited away on Shenron's back with not a care in the world about where they were even going.

As Shenron exited the atmosphere of the planet that Son Goku called home, he laid down on top of the ancient dragon's large scaly back as he mumbled to himself, 'Oh man, I don't think I've ever been this tired before...' He fell into a deep sleep. Shenron then called forth the dragon balls and fused them into the very essence that was the savior of not just earth, but the universe.

The dragon balls, the source of Shenron's power, and the Saiyan were now tied together into one being and one essence. Son Goku inherits the power of Shenron, becoming the first immortal Saiyan in history.

Far away in a higher plane of existence reserved for the overseer of the universe, the Supreme Kai would gaze into a crystal ball, staring in wonder and curiosity as the dragon would continue to fly through deep space. Suddenly, Elder Kai's face becomes stricken with fear and anxiety. This does not go unnoticed by Kibito Kai, who was curious beforehand, but now became anxious himself. 'Why are you making that face Old Kai? Do you possibly know where Shenron could be taking Son Goku?'

'Yes, it took me a while to realize what sector of the universe Shenron was heading towards, but there is no doubt in my mind that Shenron is heading towards the one person whom I fear the most, the one responsible for locking me away in the Z-Sword all those years ago...'

Old Kai continues, "I realize that you may be a relatively younger kai, but to think that you do not recognize the giant energy ki Shenron is heading towards is surprising. The Supreme Kai's role in the universe is to create and nourish the life that grows in it; but for every god of creation, there must be an equal and opposing force in the universe. This is the deity known as Beerus, the God of Destruction."

Back on earth, Bulma Briefs and her husband Vegeta are trying to prepare a dinner in order to celebrate their victory over the shadow dragons. Bulma may be the richest person on earth and possesses an army of chefs at her command, but for this night, she insisted that she prepare the meal as Vegeta assisted as well. The Briefs' household may seem lively and cheerful, but Bulma and Vegeta are only trying to distract themselves from processing the fact that Goku, Bulma's oldest and most loyal friend and Vegeta's ultimate rival, was gone. Putting the dessert in the oven, Bulma asks her now-thirty-year-old son Trunks to take over for awhile as she goes outside to take a break from the work. Bulma walks away from the clamoring in the kitchen as Vegeta tries figuring out how to operate a microwave with Trunks doing his best to calm him down and help him.

Staring into the stars in the sky with warm light emanating behind her, Bulma takes a small drag on her cigarette. She starts to think back on all the adventures she shared with Goku and how each one got weirder than the one before it. Whether it'd be fighting the Demon King, Aliens from outer space, the Emperor of the Universe, or time traveling androids. That all seemed like it was yesterday for her, and can picture it all clearly in her mind. In fact, she can perfectly recall every detail from the machine she apparently designed from the future. All the bolts, scratches, and designs her future, now probably younger, self worked on. So perfectly in fact, it seemed as if she was staring right at it.