Chapter 2 - Vegeta's Investigation; Goku's New Challenge!

"Damn it!" Vegeta exclaimed as he stomped his foot back on the ground as the black portal dissipated. He took a look around his home at Capsule Corp. and the city surrounding them, clearly seeing all the damage his small exchange with the Goku in Black caused. As his face dawned a solemn expression, he could see the shockwaves from each punch and each kick had shattered glass on the buildings and cars on the street. If he wanted to become the next savior of earth, he needed to start acting like it; no longer could he fight to his heart's content, he needed to also consider the people and obstacles around him.

He could clearly remember back when he had first met Goku all those years ago, along with when they had their 'rematch' at the 25th World Tournament. In both instances, Kakarot didn't want to fight around innocent civilians. He put the desire to save lives first, and defeating his malicious opponent second. In other words, he put his duty as a defender first, and a Saiyan second. Vegeta would have to remember this lesson if he ever wanted to live up to the mantle Goku passed onto him.

Vegeta, Gohan, and Uub stood in silence for a moment, contemplating what to do next. "Obviously, that was not my father," Gohan said as he took a step forward. "All his mannerisms, his behavior... it doesnt make any sense. If anything, he reminded me of when-" "Ginyu stole his body back on Namek, yes I agree," Vegeta said, as he raised his head back up, "but not just him. I have a suspicion about who or what he could be, but first..." Vegeta then looked upwards towards the security cameras stationed all around Bulma's home as he said, "I need to check something."

And with that, Vegeta walked back inside the Capsole Corps headquarters as everyone who had evacuated earlier came back out; Bulma would have followed her husband, but she needed to take care of her injured future son. "Gohan, was that dad?" his younger brother Goten asked. "No, it wasn't. His energy was similar to Dad's, but at the same time different. It's a little hard to explain. For the sake of an example, liken Dad to a cake. He has had layers and decades of training building up his skill and energy. This imposter's ki however, felt like someone trying to replicate the recipe. It had all the same ingredients, the same layers if you will; but it was underbaked. It needed time to fully bake and replicate the original recipe."

"Uhhhh, that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense..." his brother Goten and daughter Pan said, both scratching their heads in confusion.

"Well, I know you two weren't born yet, but back on Namek before dad defeated Frieza, the self-proclaimed Emperor of the Universe, we had met Frieza's elite squadron of soldiers called the Ginyu Force. We battled the commander of the force, Captain Ginyu, who had the unique technique of swapping bodies with his opponents if given the oppurtunity. He was able to swap bodies with Dad, but once he did, he wasn't nearly as strong as Dad was beforehand."

"Ohhhh, I see what you mean!" said P Trunks as he was still allowing F Trunks to lean on him. "It's almost like when you buy another company! You need to analyze their assets and processes before restarting their manufactoring!" Everyone just stared blankly at him besides Bulma, who knew exactly what the present version of her son was talking about.

"It's good to see that you've been keeping up with your studies in Buisness, I'm so proud of you!" Bulma exclaims as she gives her son a big hug. Everyone else, including F Trunks, was just staring blankly at the exchange.

Clearing his throat, Gohan continued, "As I was saying, Yes, Ginyu needed to warm up Goku's innate 'assets' before he could use them. That's exactly what I thought this version of Goku was doing. As I watched Vegeta and his exchange, I could clearly see how he was slowly growing stronger and stronger throughout it. I even noticed how he managed to start fighting back near the end of their battle. Therefore, the only logical conclusion," Gohan said as he put his glasses and jacket back on, "is that someone stole father's body."