00, END OF REALITY; THE GOODBYE

CHAPTER 00, END OF REALITY; THE GOODBYE

Her job was originally to eliminate potential threats believed to exist in another multiverse

Her job was originally to eliminate potential threats believed to exist in another multiverse. In this unusual scenario, Mariane stumbled upon the discovery that she had actually solved a case in an "omniverse."

She was initially instructed to stay in this alternate universe for just two days, but that turned into two weeks, which later stretched into two months, and now she's approaching three years. This prolonged stay was due to her being located by Bruce Wayne. But how did he find her?

It was through Batman's specialised devices designed to detect individuals from other dimensions that Mariane was identified as a "a wizard from another world."

This led to a short argument where Mariane had to clarify that she is, indeed, a sorcerer. Oddly, this disagreement somehow solidified – casting them as a niece and uncle.

Mariane eventually realised that, by night, he is Gotham City's vigilant protector, Batman. However, during the day, he goes by the name Bruce Wayne and is known as one of the city's wealthiest individuals, taking over his family's business empire, a fact well-known to the people of Gotham City.

When darkness falls, he transforms into Batman, operating an extensive surveillance network throughout the city to swiftly respond to any threats or trouble.

She remembered when she labelled him as a 'hero', let's just say she isn't allowed to call him that anymore.

Bruce took in Mariane, and she was surprised when he used his technology, along with his loyal servant Alfred, to figure out her identity. Mariane had repeatedly asked them to either erase those records or keep them private. She even requested double protection on the computer.

"Why... Seeing how you reacted, it looks like you aren't supposed to be noticed," Bruce said, his eyes squinting as if trying to read her.

"Exactly, Mr. Wayne. I'm not supposed to be noticed. Our existence is meant to be a secret, and no one is supposed to know that we actually exist," Mariane replied, smiling slightly, which soon turned into a look of confusion.

"Well, we're almost like vigilantes ourselves. The twist is, my father and I try to follow the law,"

Bruce and Alfred exchanged a glance, with Alfred giving Mariane a reassuring smile, while Bruce looked amused.

Mariane frowned. "You're not going to... kill me, are you? I mean, I kind of saw bits and pieces of your past and future. You're a man with good intentions."

Bruce was now even more intrigued by her, and a small smile appeared on his face.

The rest is history. Bruce brought Mariane to Wayne Manor and introduced her to his children. One was his biological daughter, and the other four boys were his adopted sons.