THE WAYNES / THE BAT FAMILY AND MARIANE

BRUCE WAYNE BATMAN

"As I had said 9 years ago, you still carry the title of 'my daughter-in-law',"

BRUCE found it hard to believe that he could experience happiness, especially from a young girl. Initially, he considered Mariane's personality to be a bit overwhelming. 

Her habit of loudly greeting everyone with a 'good morning' that echoed through the manor puzzled him. There were times when she would rush, wearing her heeled boots, making Alfred and Bruce fear she might trip on the many staircases in the manor. There were also times when she used magic to retrieve things from across the rooms.

He couldn't fathom how Dick managed to keep up with her. However, his perspective shifted when he observed Mariane interacting with each of his children. It became clear to him why his kids had grown so fond of her. Alfred had warned Bruce not to underestimate her child-like demeanor.

"You will be surprised if you have a serious talk with her, Master Bruce. She is wise for someone who is just 17."

It was her powers that caught Bruce's attention, prompting him to bring her home. He was curious about her abilities; Mariane insisted he keep it a secret, even from his own children when she confided in him about a crucial task she had, and they struck a deal to work together, involving his children, to combat the evil forces lurking in Gotham City and Metropolis.

As time went on, Bruce noticed Dick's feelings for Mariane and how they eventually became a couple. He wasn't bothered by their relationship but was concerned about their future. He worried about the day Mariane would leave, knowing it would break Dick's heart. His fears came true. The loss was not only felt by Dick but also by everyone in the family. 

Mariane was like family to them, and honestly, Bruce had pictured her becoming a permanent part of their family. He even dreamed of Dick and Mariane getting married.

ALFRED PENNYWORTH