01, TRACES AND CLUES

CHAPTER 01: TRACES AND CLUES

Dick handed Mariane a small box, clearly a ring box

Dick handed Mariane a small box, clearly a ring box. Mariane arched an eyebrow, teasing him, "Are you trying to ask me out or something?"

"What if I say yes?"

"Dick..."

Frustrated and a bit unsure, Dick groaned. He wasn't annoyed with Mariane, but with his own shyness. He took her hands a bit urgently, placing the box in her palm.

Mariane chuckled at his impatience, glancing at him before opening the box. Inside was a ring with a sun engraved on it.

She looked at Dick, a questioning expression on her face, and he grinned sheepishly.

"Do you like it?" His voice softened, a hint of worry in his eyes. Dick had personally chosen and made the ring, with Bruce's help, spending hours crafting it in the Batcave.

"Of course!" Mariane didn't hesitate to put it on.

Dick's smile widened as he showed his left hand with a ring on his ring finger.

"Yours is the sun," Dick grinned. "Mine is the moon."

Yelena

more widows at the north

don't wait up for me

okay

be careful

[seen]

MARIANE looked at her right ring finger, where the sun-engraved ring sat, still shiny and new after three years. She couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt.

'I messed everything up,' She blamed herself for the situation. Her fellow young Avengers tried to reassure her that it wasn't her fault, that some things couldn't be controlled.

Billy Maximoff, also known as Wiccan in the hero world, had a way of comforting her with his words.

"No matter how much you try to change the past, the future stays the same. I've learned that if you want a different future, it starts with what you do in the present."

Mariane discovered Billy and Tommy Maximoff while jumping between universes. They recognized each other and became friends, even joining Mariane's Young Avengers team. Despite being from different universes, Billy's similar abilities allowed him to bring Tommy along.

Although Mariane wasn't always active due to her travels to other realms, she didn't forget her duty at her pet clinic near the sanctum. It served as her way to cope with her reality.