Chapter 8

I ran out of the cave, then deeper down the forest as I wore Shizu-san's mask. (I forgot to return this to her...) ToThe moment I got there, of course, the scene that unfolded was pretty horrifying.

"Wha-"

Those are... orges!

Gobta: "Rimuru-sama! Help me, it hurts~su. "

He wailed, moving like a worm with salt on the ground... (He's overreacting, I just know it. Does he take me for a fool?)

"Well, since you look quite fine, I guess you can manage yourself..."

Gobta: "Eh-?"

His face paled, he got back up from the ground, now crouching with he himself still bleeding.

Gobta: "I was just kidding~su, Rimuru-sama!"

He cried out, panicking as he yelled those words. (Heh...)

"Oya~? Is that so? If you were kidding, then I suppose you won't need help."

His face, being paler than he was earlier, had no remark against what was said. (His reaction is kinda funny.)

"I'm just kidding." , "Here."

I said as I tossed him a glowing blob. Don't be stupid, just because I called that a blob doesn't mean it is what it is. It's a potion, of course, made by yours truly.

Gobta, having his injuries healed, his face finally regaining its green colour, he touched his torso simply to confirm, got up, bowed, and thanked me.

Gobta: "Thank you very much, Rimuru-sama!"

I nodded before finally facing the ones responsible for this and looked around.

《 Everyone, retreat! This is an order. If you can't face a stronger enemy, then it's important to retreat. 》

I said using [Thought Communication].

Every Hobgoblin and Tempest Wolves: 《 Hai! 》

They said before going to my side. Of course, I gave them some potion so they can heal up, rest, and leave them to me...

"Satte... I apologise for my subordinates' behaviour. Is there a room for talk?"

I would really rather avoid useless fights even after seeing my friends get hurt like that, but talks are more important. You can't really know the wonders of the world. If you fight someone and they lose, you're now their enemy. Negotiation is more rational.

Orge 1: "You damn Majin! Do you really think you could fool us!?"

...what...? This thi- ahem! What is this guy talking about...

"What are you talking about?"

Orge 1: "Don't even try! That mask... you're going to pay! I swear it in the name of all my fallen brethren, those you've killed!"

My mask? Shizu-san's, I meant.

"I only borrowed this from a frie-"

(My right...!) *swoosh*

"That was pretty rude... I could have gotten hit by that. You shouldn't attack people like that."

I said with a poker face, after dodging an upcoming strike, even though I don't have to because I have a mask on. That old man is quite quick on his feet... how sneaky. My arm would've flown off from my shoulder.

Orge 6: "Rm..." , he grunted. "Young master, you should be careful around this majin..." , he said in an almost inaudible voice. Well, I still heard it, though. With the help of our dear Raphael-san!