Chapter 17

"Rigurd," I called out.

"Yes, Rimuru-sama?" He responded with his head, looking at the ground.

"Call out the others for a meeting," I said. "I have something to tell all of you regarding a certain something, would you mind?" I continued.

"Certainly," Rigurd bowed before leaving.

.
.
.

3rd Pov:

After some time, everyone gathered at the meeting hall, and there, they awaited for their master's arrival.

As Rimuru entered, all of them immediately stood up and greeted Rimuru with their heads bowed down. They all did this synchronised with each other.

Rimuru, on the other hand, was astonished at their synchronised behaviour and action,

( Did they practice this...? ) he thought to himself, ( Well, whatever I guess...? )

"At ease," he said as he nodded and went to his seat, which is located at the head of the table.

"Now then, you all may be wondering why I called all of you here," Rimuru said as he hovered his eyes on the seated crowd before him. He didn't wait for a response and said,

"I have some information regarding the upcoming disaster that befell upon the ogres and will befall upon us," he continued.

After Rimuru said that, he proceeded to explain the matter about the Orc Lord, its skill, and about the battle that's happening.

"Do you all understand our situation?" he then hovered his eyes upon them again, "Any questions?" He continued.

He waited for a few seconds before nodding and confirming that no one had any inquiries, "Well then, let us proceed, shall we?"

Just as he finished his sentence, an illuminating green colour with a tint of yellow suddenly flashed in front of him, above the table.

All people that were present, alarmed, stood up quickly and assumed a battle stance while the two people that were closest to Rimuru covered him, using their bodies as shield for any upcoming attack for the possible danger.

Rimuru squinted his eyes slightly, merely just for the sake of his human habit.

The light then died down, and there, vines started to sprout quickly and curved itself, forming a human shape.

After so, the vines exploded into tiny bits of glowing dust, revealing a woman with long green hair with her whole body tinted green.

The people had their eyes widened, "A... D-dryad?!"

"I would have never thought that I would get to see one, honestly..."

"I can now die peacefully,"

And others had similar thoughts.

The Dryad then looked at Rimuru, who was behind his two subordinates, "You must be the rule of these monsters, correct?"

"Yes, and what do I owe you for the visit?"

"I have a request. If you are willing to listen," the Dryad replied. "Ah, right. Please excuse my rudeness. I am 'Treyni.' I am what you would refer to as one of the Guardians of this forest." She said.

"Is this about the orcs, Treyni-san?" Rimuru asked the Dryad.

"Yes..." Treyni replied with honesty but was quite shocked that Rimuru knew her intentions.

'I see. Then, you have no need to bother yourself regarding this matter. I have, after all, took in races that have a score to settle with them,'

Is what Rimuru wanted to say, but of course, he wouldn't let a chance pass by, right?

"I see, then, what do you have to offer?" Rimuru said as he looked at the Dryad straight in the eyes.

Treyni went down the table and sat, and so did the others.

"It would look like you don't know what to offer," Rimuru pushed, "How about I suggest, and you make the call?"

"Well, hai..." Treyni said in a low tone of voice.

"Good, good. Well then, I'd like to rule the entire forest, races included." Rimuru bluntly said as if he was just asking for a candy.

"..." Treyni was silent but was looking at Rimuru as if she saw it coming.

The others present at the meeting were also silent, but they were nodding.

"I- no, we, guradians of the forest, can and are willing to cooperate. However, as for the other races... well... it would depend on them, we suppose." Treyni replied.

"More than enough. You got yourself a deal," Rimuru smiled and extended his arm out to Treyni. She then held Rimuru's hand and shook it.

.
.
.

That night, they all discussed their plans on how to battle with the orcs and how to deal with the Lizardmen.

.
.
.

Morning came, and the village, or should we say the city, is now very active (busy).

*ting* *ting* *clink* *clink*, came from the blacksmith

*clang* *shing* *swish*, came from the training grounds

*whoosh* *slotch* *tschhh*, came from the magic-oriented monsters

A very busy city indeed.

"Souei, tell the other ogres about the matter we discussed last night. And about the deal, too." Rimuru said to Souei.

"Hai, Rimuru-sama." Souei replied and disappeared instantly.

"Now then, what will the next be? It's kill or be killed. I apologise in advance for the monsters who will be killed and hurt in this battle."

Rimuru then closed his eyes and felt the breeze that was blowing across the hills.

________________________________________

The majority won, and a different start chapter (1) posted! It actually got tied with the choose a new story idea (4)

https://discord.com/invite/4TYus4pXKr

Soo, again, don't forget to vote in the poll server so you can choose which story to post!

Also, I've decided that the server needs boosts fr so people who boost can see the chapter in advance :>