Chapter 13

"Well, we don't have much here for service, but we do hope you make yourself feel at home." the elder said in a low and polite tone.

"Hai~su," Gobta said, pretty much energetic as always. "Everyone! Start the plan!" he shouted to the other goblins,

"Eh? Right now?" the elder asked, (shouldn't they at least rest?)

Gobta: "The earlier it is done, the better, Sir."

"Take out the blueprints!" A hobgoblin shouted from the crowd, "I'll chop up some trees, those who'll come step up now!" another goblin shouted, "Food hunting here!", "Stand guard!", Soon, the hobgoblins with the wolves grouped themselves and parted with each other to do their respectful duties.

.
.
.

The goblins with the wolves will come by to go and drop by some loots. The others that stayed had already cleared out some space for the construction. Some hobgoblins can be seen carrying planks and trunks. Some others were standing on undeveloped houses, which only had a few planks.

Soon, they began to build the flooring, then the walls, and lastly, the roof. One after another, they have already made multiple houses with the large number of their group, multiplied with their great cooperation with each other and of being led by a great leader.

The others merely stood there, shocked, and stared at the supposedly inferior goblins with awe. They were the superior race. They were ogres, and yet, they received help from them.

The ogres, feeling useless, offered to help them.

"Eh? Well, if you want to, then it's fine~su. You guys don't have to, though..." Gobta said with an awkward smile.

The orges insisted and also dispersed in groups, depending on their specializations, and helped them out. Their progress quickly forwarded their help.

During break time, various meals were laid upon the planks on the ground. Berries, fruits, meats, and even vegetables. Judging by just their appearance and scent alone, it was obvious that all of them were fresh. They began to eat and just talked with each other, with their main topic revolving around a certain slime.

"So, Gobta-san, how did you meet this master of yours?" the elder asked with great interest.

"Etto... well, when our great guardian, the mighty storm dragon, disappeared, many races sought to have their territories expand, right? Well, even now. That was when we met Rimuru-sama. At first, we actually attempted to eat him, but he helped us in the name of the Storm Dragon. From there onwards, we started to pick up the pace, and he named all of us, provided us shelter, food, and clothing. He's a leader, not a boss~su." Gobta said with great pride.

"Eat...?" the elder was scared.

"Yeah, he's a slime after all," Gobta said nonchantly.

"Ehh?!" All the ogres except Souei were stunned. A slime, capable of naming 6 powerful ogres, naming wolves, and hobgoblins to this extent. What kind of monster is the slime really? At this thought, everyone shivered. (Is the world ending for such a slime to be powerful?)

Gobta and the others merely nodded along with Souei.

"T-then... Souei, what about you?" the elder asked.

"Humu, the day after we met with you, we continued to explore the forest until we met Rimuru-sama. At first, we thought he was the mastermind behind the orc attack because he has monsters under him, too... of course, thinking this, we attacked them. But, we were far too inferior. Hime-sama warned us that Rimuru-sama could have eradicated us with ease if he so wanted to and that it was pointless to use the orcs," he explained.

He continued, "After Hime-sama said so, Rimuru-sama offered us we if we could talk it out and at the same time, to have a meal."

Elder: "Oh, so you're telling me he still offered to reconcile even if you attacked him?"

Souei nodded as a response.

Elder nodded with a thoughtful expression, "I see..."

(Finally... a suitable master. At long last...) he breathed a long sigh of relief.

Gobta, seeing this, was confused as to why the long sigh but decided to put it aside.

.
.
.

After a while, they all cleaned up their mess and got back to work.

.
.
.

After a month, all the matters were finally settled, and the others were sparring with each other. They bonded and deepened their relationship more.

"Ah, that reminds me. Elder-san, do you plan on serving under Rimuru-sama, too?" Gobta asked.

"Eh...?" The elder looked at his peers and the other orges. They all nodded with agreement and satisfaction. "Well, if this Rimuru-sama agrees and if we pass his qualifications, then we would be more than happy." He nodded after confirming the agreement.

"Oh? Then let us work together more in the future, elder-san!" Gobta said as he let out his fist.

"Likewise," the elder replied and fist-bumped with him.

"Then, we shall report to Rimuru-sama of our situation," Gobta said as he retracted his arm.

Elder: "Ah, is that so? Then, please be safe on your journey."

Gobta: "You guys too. Stay safe!!"

The group waved goodbye and went on their own way.

.
.
.

When they returned, they told Rimuru about what had happened.

"Ah... is that so..." Rimuru said with a solemn and thoughtful expression. "I see."

"What do you think of their strength?" Rimuru suddenly asked, "Do you think we can send Hakurou there?"

Rimuru: "Actually, you know what? Call Hakurou and Rigurd here first. We can discuss this with him along with the other ogres."

"Roger~su!" Gobta said with a salute before leaving.

After a little while, he returned with Rigurd and the orges.

"You called, Rimuru-sama?" Rigurd asked with him slightly bowing.

"Yeah," Rimuru turned towards Gobta. Gobta nodded and explained the situation to the newcomers.

"Ah, we see." They nodded with a thoughtful expression. "What do you plan on doing, Rimuru-sama?"

"Well, that's the reason why I called for you guys,"  He said with a solemn expression, "What do you think?"

_________________________________________

https://discord.com/invite/cUD9s4Ydns