Chapter 10

"This hard for me Hiro, so I'll tell you once, and that's it."

"It all started two or three years ago," You took a deep breath in, trying to keep calm, "I don't really remember when it started. I prefer not to think about it. My family used to be normal. My mom and dad were scientists, and I was their daughter, the one who was smart and got into a college early. They were so proud of me." You trailed off, remembering your mother's soft smile and your fathers hugs.

"We were happy and healthy, just as we should've been, but my dad started studying this- virus. At first, he was fine." You choked back tears, but continued, not daring enough to look up.

"But he caught it and was sealed away, just like everyone else. My mom went crazy trying to find something to cure him. When he died-" A sob escaped your mouth, but you forced it down for Hiro's sake.

"When he died, she didn't come home anymore. She was buried in her work so much that it seemed like I didn't have her at all. When she did come home, she'd continue to work until she passed out from exhaustion. I only watched from the sidelines as she worked. I don't know why, but I didn't bother trying to help. My studies weren't as complex and difficult as her work and I just couldn't do much, so I just let her work."

Hiro placed his hand on the glass, trying to achieve some sort of comfort for you, but you didn't take notice. Your dark memories spun around your head, almost taunting you as you tried to tell Hiro what had happened. You stifled a sob once again, holding you hand to your mouth as tears were on the verge of spilling out of your eyes. Your throat constricted, but you forced it down again. You were going to tell Hiro what had happened. You wouldn't let your feelings win.

"She eventually caught the disease. I visited her everyday, trying to figure out how to save her. It's my fault Hiro. I didn't understand and I couldn't save her, just like I couldn't help my dad. I- it's my fault." you croaked out, trying so very hard not to cry. It all welled up in your chest, but you still refused to let your sadness win. you had to stay strong, for Hiro.

"Instead of spending my limited time with her, I-" a sob escaped. There was no stopping it now. You couldn't do anything about it anymore. Tears ran down your face, soft sobs escaped you. Your sorrows spilled out of you, and it took several minutes to calm down. When you finally did, you took a few deep breaths, in then out, then continued.

"Instead of spending my time with her I went over her theories and studies for hours on end, and tried to find something that could help her. One day I finally found something that might have helped, and I ran to the room she was sealed in. I was so excited.. I was closer to saving my last piece of family. But when I reached there," you choked, "the room was empty. She was gone and I-"

You had tears streaming down your face now, your eyes were puffy. When you looked back up at Hiro, he had the same. You never pictured Hiro as an emotional person, but you knew everyone was, deep inside.

"I wasted my time. I stupidly decided that I would find a cure. And it wasn't selfless either. I was selfish in finding that cure, because I thought," you paused. "I thought if I found it, my family would come back. I thought, that if I found it, everything would be okay again. I'd have my dad, my mom, my family. I wouldn't be lonely. But that's not how it works." You sighed.

"I accidentally pricked myself with a syringe when researching, and I called the hospital immediately, and was sealed away from the world. I shouldn't have called them. I should've hidden, so I'd still be free, so I could see the sun, so I could be okay." you spat, but then you shook your head.

"Although it doesn't feel like it, I know it was the right thing. I would never forgive myself if I infected others. Anyway, I've given up Hiro. I can't do it anymore." You wept. In utter rage, you lashed you arm out and knocked over your papers of research, and they dropped to the floor, scattered everywhere.

Hiro had tears streaming down his face, but his face turned cold.

"Teach me how to save you."

Your eyes widened in shock, your expression swiftly changed from sad to furious.

"I will never Hiro. I'm not letting you waste your life on a useless one like mine! It's too late! I tried everything! THERE IS NO CURE!" You yelled, your voice raising above your usual tone. After realizing what you had said, your expression softened.

"Sorry Hiro, but that's the truth. I'm going to die. It could be today, tomorrow, but it doesn't matter. I'm going, and I can't stop that, and neither can you."

He had tears rolling down his cheeks, just like you.

"And Hiro," you croaked, "Now that you're in my life, I'm not ready to go."

______

WHOOPS I ACCIDENTALLY ADDED EMOTIONAL STUFF. But now that the emotional and drama stuff is over, now we can get on to the relationship advances and happy stuff!

Question for readers that will effect the story- If this actually happened to you and you were with Hiro, what would you bucket list be? (and don't worry, relationship stuff with Hiro will is covered ;D)

-DisneyBabes/PrettyinPwnage