Chapter 15

You tugged on a loose strand of your h/c hair, nervously awaiting Hiro's arrival. Although you knew he wouldn't judge you or see you as anything less, your self consciousness had kicked in, creating horrie scenarios in which Hiro had left you, calling you a freak. You heard soft footsteps near the entrance to your room, and you awaited his arrival, after strategically placing the blanket to hide your missing limb.

It took some getting used to- as would the loss of anything really. You fell over often, because you had forgotten that you no longer had a left foot. The surgeon bots had popped out of the ceiling of your room (a feature that came with each hospital room) your room locked itself away from everything, the bots prepared (which took 32 seconds; you had counted) and they got to work. Now all you had was- nothing. Nothing at the end of your leg. Your ankle was gone too, which was one of the two reliefs that came with your foot loss. You felt better not having to look at your sickly green ankle.

The second relief that came with your foot/ankle removal was the fact that the surgery had removed 65% of the virus that was in your body!

When you did the initial scan, you squealed with delight seeing that more than half was gone. It was a huge step for survival. It was bittersweet. That night when you lay in bed, your thoughts went to your small victory.

Half.

That was halfway there to seeing Hiro outside of your cage. Halfway to being normal again. 65 percent less cells to kill off and fight.

You cringed when Hiro walked into the room, hoping he wouldn't notice anything. He noticed the cringe however, and interrogated you right away.

"What's bugging you, Y/N?" He asked.

"Nothing. I'm absolutely fine. Perfect." You replied, a tinge of bitterness in your tone. Hiro, knowing you well, knew better, and you knew that too. You knew there was no hiding anything from him.

He gave you that look. The one that said 'you're not fooling me, so 'fess up.'

You sighed and tried to stand up off of the bed, grabbing your crutches before revealing your missing limb.

You looked up at him and met his eyes. "Happy now?" You mocked him.

You didn't really mean to be mean, but showing your leg just deepened your insecurities, and most of all, made you feel less worthy. So many things were wrong with missing your foot. Why would Hiro, of all people want to hang out with a girl who's missing a foot, and is trapped behind a glass wall for goodness sakes! Imagine his embarrassment when you'd confess!

Confess.

You blocked your stupid thoughts from your mind, and looked at him. He was staring at your the vacant spot where your foot should have been.

You groaned. "Hey Hiro, it's not a big deal. Unless you've got a foot fetish." You teased.

He gave you a look. "You always expect the worst of me."

You giggled. "It's my job, as your best friend. It's on my resume!"

You gave him a jokey look, and to your delight, he cracked a smile.

"Even if you did, I won't judge. But you'll need to find another girl because it appears I only have one at the moment." You giggled.

"At the moment?" He questioned, shaking his head.

"That leads to my question," you continued. "Do you think you could-" you paused, shyness taking over. You honestly didn't want to ask for something that would be a burden.

"You know, maybe you could make me a prosthetic limb?" You finished, closing your eyes in embarrassment.

"That's why you're embarrassed?" He teased.

"Well yeah, stupid. Do you think you can?" You asked.

He placed a hand over his heart, faking a pained expression.

"Stupid?" He gasped, "I'm so offended! Being called names by my best of friends!"

You rolled your eyes at that, but before you could reply, he continued his drama.

"Oh heavens me. My heart bleeds!"

You groaned.

"If you want me to make you anything, at least heal my heart and find a better name for me."

You rolled your eyes again. This guy and his drama.

"Dumdum. How's that you drama queen?"

"Nope."

"Geez, you're so picky! You're such a dork!"

"Only for you, my love." He further teased.

You had grown an immunity to his teased of affection by now though. You blew a quite intimidating kiss, winning the battle of teases. Your sassiness never failed you.

"Nerd."

_______

EEEEEEE EARLY UPDATE.

Hiro fluff! And for next chapter too! For this story, I'm only going to have around 20 chapters or so. I hope you guys liked this chapter! I'll update as soon as I can!

-PrettyinPwnage/DisneyBabes