Chapter 17

"So how's this going to work?"

Hiro had finally arrived a week later with your new foot, and by the looks of it, it was pretty cool looking. You hobbles over to the call button, and a nurse arrived shortly.

"Do you think you could transfer the prosthetic to my room through the food transporter?" you asked sweetly, hoping the nurse wouldn't mind doing it.

"Sure sweetheart." The nurse walked out of the room, taking your new prosthetic with her.

A minute of so later, the food transporter brought down a tray containing the prosthetic. You picked it up, and strapped in on. You smiled and tested it out by walking. It was well weighed on comfortable. You had to hand this one to Hiro. He did a great job. As always.

"Thanks so much Hiro! It's really great." you smiled. Now you didn't have to use those stupid crutches.

"No problem. I'm just glad you got rid of a lot of virus cells." he replied.

Throughout the time that the two of your talked and got to know each other, Hiro had picked up on your biology-talk and eventually learned a small potion of it because of your rambles. You felt a little damper on your mood. You still hadn't told Hiro about your somewhat 'cure' thing yet. Maybe now was the best time.

"Hey, Hiro." you murmured, hoping he didn't hear you. You didn't want to explain your research to him. Sadly, he heard you. Of course he heard you. He listened attentively to every word you said. Hey wasn't the sweetest person, but when he cared for someone, he really cared for someone. Another thing to love about Hiro.

"Yeah, Y/N?"

You averted your gaze to your feet, trying to avoid eye contact.

"I tried working on a cure." you stated, trying your hardest to not look at his eyes.

"Really? That's so great Y/N! If it works you can get out of there and be with me! If you don't have a place to stay you could live with us!"

"What do you mean live with us?" you asked.

"You could stay with us! Aunt Cass, mochi and Ta-" he stopped for a moment.

You wished your could touch him somehow to tell him that you're there, but he looked down for a minute. You knew all about Tadashi.

"Hiro, if you want to talk about it, about him, just feel free." you offered.

"It's okay. It's been around two years. It's all good. But you could stay with Aunt Cass and I!"

You almost teared up. The thought of living with a family made you feel happy and warm inside.

"You know, I'd love to meet Ms. Hamada."

"If she were here right now, she'd tell you to call her Aunt Cass."

"Well, okay. Aunt Cass."

You smiled.

"Do you think I could meet her sometime?" You asked shyly.

"Of course!"

_____

Sorry for late update and short chapter!! I've been having writers block recently and I had to force myself to write this. I hope it goes away soon!' Anyway, I hope this chapter can make up for he absence of updates. Sorry. And thank you for 400 votes!! It means so so much to me and I can't express that enough!!
Love you all!

-disneybabes/PrettyinPwnage