30

Isabelle

When I wake up the next morning, Jackson is still asleep, his hair tousled and his arms wrapped around my waist. The sight in front of me reminds me that it's often the smallest and most simple moments in life that are the most beautiful.

And now, I can add waking up next to my dream man as one of my favorite things.

I cast my mind back to what had happened last night, a jittery feeling in my stomach.

I'm in love.

And last night, when Jackson said that he loves me, I felt as though I had been floating on a cloud of happiness.

Because I feel exactly the same about him. My heart fully belongs to him.

With a jubilant smile on my face and being careful not to wake Jackson up, I gingerly sit up on the bed and take in my surroundings. Given we'd been 'busy' last night, I haven't had a chance to carefully observe what his bedroom looks like.

Like the rest of his apartment, his bedroom is neat and comprises a black, white, and navy color scheme. A large plasma screen TV hangs on the wall in front of the bed, and a black desk and matching armchair rest in the corner. Floor-to-ceiling windows grace his room, allowing for a stunning view of the city that never sleeps.

When my gaze drifts back to Jackson, I'm just in time to see his eyelids slowly flutter open, his soft brown eyes meeting mine and a small smile grazing his lips.

"Good morning beautiful," he huskily says.

"Hey handsome," I whisper, lying back down next to him.

"Handsome?" The dimples in his cheeks make an appearance as he brushes a strand of hair away from my face. "I like that."

"Maybe I'll start calling you that more often then," I playfully respond.

Jackson's gaze drops to my lips. "Mm, I have no complaints about that." He leans in closer and his lips land on mine, culminating in a gentle and loving kiss—the perfect way to start the day.

At that moment, my phone suddenly rings from outside his bedroom.

"Maybe I should check that," I say and glance around. "I don't even know where I placed my phone last night."

"Don't go," Jackson murmurs, pulling me closer to him so that my head is resting on his bare chest. "I want to stay in bed with you all day."

"Careful, or I might not ever want to leave your king-sized bed," I giggle. "This bed is double the size of mine."

"Well, everything that's mine is yours too," he huskily whispers, placing a tender kiss on my forehead.

Have I mentioned that I love his forehead kisses?

"Very smooth, Mr. Carter." I trace my fingers along his bare chest, eliciting another forehead kiss from him.

We lie together in bed, with no sense of time at all until my phone rings loudly again, disrupting the moment.

"I better check that in case it's an emergency," I sigh, stepping reluctantly out of bed and immediately missing the warmth of Jackson's body against mine. I throw on the shirt—Jackson's shirt—that's still lying on the floor along with the rest of our clothes.

I walk over to the kitchen, where my phone is currently resting on the counter. It turns out the missed calls had been from my landlord, who's going to be an hour late to give me the spare keys. I type a reply to let him know that I'll be on my way soon.

Just as I hit send, I feel Jackson's arms around my body from behind. "You look so good in my shirt," he breathes against my neck.

"I'm stealing this shirt too," I declare, putting my phone away and turning around to face him, my gaze raking over his naked body and heat pooling in my stomach. "Along with your king-sized bed. And you."