𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

I glance at my watch for the 3rd time, a sigh escaping my lips, reminding me I have to run home and crash into a deep sleep if I wanna dodge being late for work tomorrow

I glance at my watch for the 3rd time, a sigh escaping my lips, reminding me I have to run home and crash into a deep sleep if I wanna dodge being late for work tomorrow. Yet here I am, perched on the sofa, waiting for Habib uncle to show up.

I'm clueless why he suddenly invited me to his place for another dinner.. Time seems to stretch endlessly as I anxiously wait for him to arrive. My mind races, pondering why he wants to meet me so suddenly and if everything is okay

The room feels like it's in slo-mo, with the tick-tock of the clock amplifying my impatience.

"I'm sorry daughter, for making you wait," the sound from the doorway of his room makes me glance at him. "It's completely fine, uncle. It's just 10 minutes," I reply, flashing a smile.

"By the way uncle, is everything Alright? You called me suddenly," I add only to find a slight smile forming on his lips, "Yeah, completely fine. Now let's go to the dining hall and have our dinner."

With a smile, I follow him. My eyes scan the entire dining table that is filled with so many delicacies. Who needs anything more when there's so much delicious food to devour? Taking my seat in front of Habib Uncle, we begin our dinner.

As I glance at the empty chairs around us, I can't help but imagine how wonderful it would be if his one and only son is sitting there, enjoying the meal together. Ah, if only that arrogant dude knows how much he is missing out!

"Uncle, Where is Aryan?" I blurt out, unable to resist my curiosity.

Wait!

Why did I ask the question!

Why! I don't care wherever he is!"

"He's at the office," Uncle replies, a sad smile etching on his lips.

"Office? But it's the weekend. I remember seeing him leave from there last weekend when I was here."

"He must be tackling an important project," Uncle explains.

"Really?" I ask once again, not quite ready to believe it. Wait! Why am I suddenly so interested in this topic!!

I don't care wherever he is!

This is the 2nd time I've said this. Sigh.

BACK TO TRACKS SARA!

As we finish dinner, I sit in front of Habib Uncle, but an abrupt sound of a phone ringing catches our attention. "I think I left my phone in my room. Let me take it," Uncle informs, getting off the sofa and making his way to his room.