𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟑

"Oh! Someone is finally taking a break from work this weekend!"

"Seems like you miss watching me working" Aryan smirks.

I cross my arms. "Well, you're always so focused on work, I didn't expect this. I thought work was your only talent!"

He pauses and turns to face me. I watch as he steps closer, until he is just inches away, his hands firmly placed on the wall, trapping me between his arms. "If you're talking about being good, then trust me, I'm good at a lot of things," he whispers in a husky voice.

I know I'm not in the right state of mind after his close proximity and his provocative words, but I somehow manage to remain composed. "Seems like you have quite the experience," I whisper back, trying to match his intensity.

He smirks. "Oh, absolutely! I have a lot of experience in the kitchen."

Boom! My thoughts come crashing down.

"Cooking?" I utter.

His smirk grows wider. "Yes, what did you think?"

"You-"

"Seems like I've played quite the mind games with a psychologist," he says, finally pulling away from me.

"Yeah, you're only good at these things. And cooking? There's no way you can cook better than me!" I tease, stopping him in his tracks once again. "If you remember or not, let me refresh your memory. You've already tasted my cooking before."

I chuckle."That was so long ago, I don't remember how your cooking tastes. So I'll still stick to my claim that you can't cook better."

With a smirk, he closes the distance between us once again.

"Are you challenging me?"

"What if I say yes?"

"Oh, Cappuccino, you know how much I love challenges. Let's go. I'll prove just how much better I can cook."

He grabs my wrist and leads me downstairs to the kitchen. "Just watch and learn how I cook," he declares, rolling up his sleeves. I lean against the kitchen counter, smirking at him. "Bring it on."

Knowing what I'm about to do, I take a step back and give him one last glance. "I'll be back in a minute." He doesn't turn around, too engrossed in his cooking, but I know he hears me so I walk away from the kitchen.

I rush to dad's room. "Dad, you gotta come with me," I exclaim. He turns to me, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What happened, Daughter?" he asks, curious about my sudden urgency.

"Just trust me, Dad. I wanna show you something," I reply, leading him towards the kitchen. As we walk, I make sure to speak a bit louder so Aryan can hear us.

"Dad, I heard you're good at cooking?" I say, making sure Aryan catches our conversation.

"Absolutely. Your mom used to be a big fan of my cooking," Dad chuckles, still unaware of Aryan's presence. But just as he glances at the kitchen, he notices Aryan and then looks back at me again. I can feel the tension between father and son, and this is what I want to dissolve.