Dark Premonitions

Once Damon turned the corner —not without a wave and wink on his part— I closed the door and hurried upstairs to my room

Once Damon turned the corner —not without a wave and wink on his part— I closed the door and hurried upstairs to my room. I slipped off my jacket and shoes while I already dialed Bonnie's number.

„Hey, I'm back," I said when she answered.

„So... why did you take so long to get home?" came her slightly nervous reply.

I rolled my eyes. Of course.

„Bonnie..." I warned her jokingly, while I began changing. „Don't change the subject. You said something weird happened earlier, so what's up."

„It's probably nothing, I don't even know why I told you about it in the first place-"

„Bonnie, stop!" I interrupted her. „Just tell me. Even if it ends up being nothing. You were worried enough to call me, so just out with it. You know I won't judge you."

I could practically see her wincing, as she tried to come up with more reasons.

„Okay, but you go first!"

I sighed and paused as I was putting my pajamas on.

„Bon-"

„It's... I– Your story seems to be a better, less weird one. I'm afraid mine will ruin the mood," she blurted, trying to convince me. I sighed again.

„Fine...Damon walked me home."

„Wait, the Damon? As in Damon Salvatore? Stefan's brother?"

„Yup."

I told her about the encounter I had with Damon that night, as well as the few ones I had before that. Bonnie drilled me with questions. Anything to get her mind off the subject that was waiting for when my story was over, I guessed.

„Wow, I never thought you'd go for the bad boys!" Bonnie laughed, while I groaned.

„Well, neither did I, but apparently I don't have any luck with the good guys either," I said through gritted teeth. I was now lying on the bed, still half-dressed. „Besides, I don't want to overthink it. I had fun tonight, yes. There was definitely some flirting, but in the end, I don't know him at all."

„True, and let's not forget how he tried messing with Stefan and Elena," Bonnie added.

„Yeah, about that... Anyone can see there is quite the tension between him and Stefan, but we have no idea who started it. As much as I love Elena, she's involved with Stefan so her opinion is biased," I explained. „I don't want to make too early a judgment when I know nothing about it, you know?"

At the other end of the line, I heard Bonnie sigh. „Yeah, I guess you're right. Besides, I'm not too sure what to think of Stefan anymore."

I jerked up at her last sentence, propping myself up on my elbows, and almost dropped my phone.