Animal attack

Here is the second chapter!  In case needed, there is a TW: sexual assault. I will mark it in the text as well, so you can just jump over it!

 I will mark it in the text as well, so you can just jump over it!

I said my goodbyes to the group not long after. I was getting tired. I didn't have a car right now as it was getting repaired, something about the ventilation system, I didn't really mind though. I liked walking. It helped me free my head. Twenty minutes later I reached my house, located at the edge of the forest. The lights were on, indicating that my dad was back from one of his business trips.

     „I'm home!" I said loudly upon entering.

     „In here!"

I followed my dad's voice into the kitchen, where he was just filling a plate with spaghetti.

     „You want some?" he asked pointing to the pot which was still half full.

I shook my head. „Nah, I'm fine, I ate something at the Grill. When did you get home?"

I put my bag down and sat on a barstool in front of the large kitchen island.

My dad looked at the clock above the fridge, furrowing his brows slightly like he always did when he tried to figure out how much time had passed.

     „Um... an hour, maybe two," he said shrugging his shoulders. „So tell me, how was your first day of school?"

He moved to the dining table behind me to eat and poured himself a glass of wine. I turned on the stool to face him again.

     „Ok, I guess... same old, same old." I shrugged my shoulders nonchalantly and tried to think of something I could tell him. „We got a new student in our year, Stefan Salvatore, he lives with his uncle, Zach Salvatore."

I watched as my dad looked up. „Really? I don't remember Zach having any siblings," he wondered.

     „Maybe they're distant relatives?" I suggested and tried to suppress a yawn. My dad saw it of course.

     „Go to bed, Lori, before you fall asleep on the stool," he said chuckling and turned on the television.

     „Good idea," I said grabbing my bag and getting up. „Goodnight Dad."

I was almost at the bottom of the stairs when I got called back by my father.

     „What is it?" I asked. My dad pointed to the television. The news was on. A couple has been found, killed by an animal.

     „I don't want you walking alone at night," he said with a stern voice. „Get one of your friends to drive or accompany you home, you understand?"

I rolled my eyes, of course, he was going to overreact.

     „Seriously? That was one animal attack, I don't think it's going to wander into town," I said a little annoyed. I liked my walks home.