1.8 | you curse everyone you touch (revised)

question of the chapter: favourite season of the vampire diaries?

Astoria fiddled with the necklace she wore around her neck, running her fingers along the back of it and staring ahead out of the window. Snow had begun to fall from the sky, which was a good thing. It would be a lot harder for someone to spot her with the thick snowflakes covering their view. Though it would likely make her journey much more difficult.

"Are you ready?" Astoria heard Katherine ask her, causing Astoria to turn around to face her.

Astoria smiled tightly and nodded her head. She had never been without Katherine before, not since Katherine first took her in. But once Katherine left, she would be on her own. Astoria wasn't sure how she felt about it. On one hand, she was glad that she would be getting the chance to help Katherine, and she could stop being dead weight. On the other, she was scared to be without her, and with Klaus nonetheless. Katherine would be alone again, with no one to trust, which was why Astoria knew she had to pull through for her.

"Ready as I will ever be," Astoria said with a small nod of her head."Remember. It takes me approximately eighteen minutes to get from here to his house. You should wait at least that long until you leave. I will keep him there as long as I can without him becoming suspicious."

Katherine nodded her head slowly as she took one of Astoria's hands into hers and squeezed it reassuringly."It is not too late to change your mind."

"There is no need for that," Astoria smiled tightly."I should be on my way. Before he decides to come find me myself."

Katherine bit down on her lip as she held up her hand and opened it up, revealing a small glass vile that she held in her hand. It wasn't clear, what was inside it had stained the glass red.

"Just in case things do not go as planned," Katherine whispered quietly, slipping the vile into Astoria's hands and not letting go until Astoria accepted it.

She only took it so that she didn't have to argue with Katherine. Astoria didn't think she would ever need or want to use it. She knew long ago that she didn't want to be a vampire. Being one would just cause her more pain. She saw what it did to Katherine.

Astoria didn't say anything as Katherine moved forward, wrapping her arms around Astoria and pulling her into a hug."Being without you certainly will not be easy."

Astoria smiled slightly as she returned the hug."I know. But I'm sure that we will see each other again. Thank you. . . For looking out for me all of these years."

Katherine smiled slightly as she pulled away, squeezing Astoria's shoulders with her hands."It has been my privilege."

Astoria swallowed, blinking a few times to try and hold back her tears while she nodded her head quickly."I should. . . I should be on my way. Before Klaus becomes impatient that I did not come and he makes his way over here."

Astoria sent her one last smile before she turned around and made her way to the front door that was only a few feet away. She tightened her coat around her before placing her hand on the handle, and pulling it open. The cold won't hit her face instantly, causing her to wince she stared out into the brewing storm that she was about to walk into.

"Astoria," Katherine called out to her.

Astoria turned her head to look at her."Yes?"