🐾The Start🐾

*beep* *beep* *be-

Suddenly an alarm clock was thrown full force at a (f/c) wall. Sitting up your hair was a mess and your eye bags were no better. Swinging your legs over the side you shuffle your way over to the bathroom and turn on the shower.

The warm water felt nice. Once done you step out and wrap a towel around yourself before starting your morning routine. Changing into your uniform from yesterday you head down the small hall to the kitchen for a quick breakfast.

While pouring some cereal your phone buzzes.

Phone:

Crackhead buddy🍃

(b/f/n): A new animal came in, and it was a little hostile

You: Lol and what do you want me to do?

(b/f/n): Get your ass over here and help

(b/f/n): It fucking bit Jessica!! Hurry!!!

You: omw

(b/f/n): Thank you boo <3

You: <3

Placing down your phone you grab your lunch, charger, headphones, and some extra band-aids (just incase). Throwing them in your bag you leave your apartment locking the door and heading to your car. Pulling out of the parking lot you make your way over to the shelter.

The shelter itself was good, but the income wasn't, so the building had a sign that read Happy Friends Shelter  that now reads Happy Fiends Shelter  after some of the lights burst. The pay was decent though and you got to play with different animals all day and help find them a new home.

Locking your car you head into the shelter waving to Jessica who was now handling the front desk. Waving back you could see her figures and arm covered in different band-aids. Cringing a bit you head to the back. 

"I'm here!" you call out signing in and placing you bag in your locker. "There you are!" (b/f/n) calls out holding a small box with a dark cloth draped over it. "Jesus, is the new guy really that aggressive?" you ask bending down to remove the cloth.

"Yes," (b/f/n) answers pulling the box away from you. "Did you see what it did to Jessica? Anyway since you're one of the best workers we thought you would be the best to handle the little guy. "Yeah sure," you answer curiosity growing.

"So what is it?" you ask as (b/f/n) sets down the box and slowly removes the cloth. "It's a tokay gecko that was taken away from the owners after their other pet tried to kill him. Seems like he was in some pretty bad fires before getting here though,"

In the small glass, terrarium sat a medium tokay gecko with red skin and white dots, some in bigger spots than others. The tail had two black strips with a black tip. The eyes were a beautiful gold. The only thing different about this gecko had a black heart on his forehead.

"Hi little guy," you say waving your finger at it causing it to hiss. "Welp good luck!" (b/f/n) calls out to you heading out the door to go help with an adoption. "Heard you were a trouble maker," you say. "Let's try to fix that so you can find a new better home," you finish placing your figure on the glass.

At first, the gecko hisses at you again but slowly inched towards the glass. "That's it," you say quietly so as to not startle him. "Now let's bring you to a bigger cage with some nice branches and leaves," you say carefully picking up the cage and carrying it away.

 The small gecko looking up at you with some suspicion, but a small bit of hope behind those golden eyes. Little did you know this was just the start.