🐾Vlogger Check Up🐾

(Vortex will be brought into a later chapter)

Vet days were the worst. Since you had a license to handle reptiles (and now birds) the shelter tend to put you on vet visits. Not always since there was another vet but she was out for the day and that left you to fill her spot.

"New patient just came in and she's finishing the payment," (b/f/n) says looking down at the papers while you're busy cleaning the table for examination. "Heard it was a snake so that should be up your alley," they finish as the door opens to revealing Jessica bring in a big container with an albino boa in it. Trailing behind her was the owner who seemed not so worried and tweeting the events the whole time.

"Hi what seems to be the problem?" You ask as Jessica struggles with the heavy container. "Yeah, the boa had been acting slow and is losing some of her color lately," the women explains before snapping a selfie while making a pouty face. "Right, well let's see what's the problem?" You say trying to be friendly. 

Placing the boa on the table you carefully open the lid and take the snake out. Putting her on the scale you write down how under weight she was. Through out the check up it became obvious that the pet was under fed and couldn't keep going on like that. Leaning over you whisper to your friend before going back to place the snake in the cage. "Ma'am we have to remove your pet from your custody," (b/f/n) explains. "The hell you talking about!" The women shouts using her phone to recorded the whole thing. "Miss, please call down," Jessica says holding her hands up.

Not wanting the snake to get injured you being her to another room as the shouting gets louder. "Don't worry you'll be safe here," you whisper getting her a frozen mouse from the freezer. "After awhile the shooting stopped and your friend came through the door almost hitting Jessica behind her. "We got security to take over thankfully," they grumble. "Good, poor thing " you say looking down at the tired snake. "Let's hope we can find her a new and better home," you finish picking up the container and bringing it to the room with the different reptiles. Finally you got her in a nice big enclosure, writing down on the board next to it 

'Verosika Mayday: rehab for under weight'.

"Don't worry, we'll get you back to your normal color," you say booping the glass where her nose was pressed up against before leaving.